Fpv To Supercharge New 5.0-Litre V8 To Give Ford A Power Boost To Riva

ZAP

• Member For: 16y 19d

Yes, cv's seem to be the problem. The power delivery of the supercharged engine is shock loading them. The problem seems to have been picked up a while back so there might not be too much of a delay. Fingers crossed.

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 16d

Well butter me cynical, but it'll be detuned rather than have good parts put in it. Who said anything about a 375kW version, not a snowball's chance in hell they'll release that in anything but a limited run special edition like the GTHO.

Anyway what will happen to the F6, can we expect an update of this?

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 11d

I thought they were releasing the details today for the Coyote and FPV ?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 21d

There has been a lot written about the possibility of a GTHO even as far back as the EL falcon when Ford released the EL GT but to this day I believe that Ford will not ever release a car with the sacred GTHO badge stuck to its body, WHY??

1. Ford Australia is not accustomed to prostituting its product like Expensive Daewoo do for the sake of a quick dollar.

2. Ford Australia will never produce a car that will rival the performance of the GTHO PHIII in its day, so why tarnish its legend.

3. Why would Ford put a GTHO badge on a FPV when FPV is mainly owned by the Poms (Prodrive)?

The Phase III is the holy grail of Australian motoring history and that's proven by their million dollar plus price tag and thus the GTHO badge should rest with it. Putting a GTHO badge on a FPV would be the same as putting a GTHO badge on a supped up Ford Fiesta, its just plain wrong.

But If ford was going to put a GTHO badge on a car then I think that the car would have to be something very special, maybe an AWD that will rip the quarter in 10 sec or sadly the very last couple of hundred GTs when they do away with the Falcon in place of a front wheel drive Import from abroad.

• 12" member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 1d

""2. Ford Australia will never produce a car that will rival the performance of the GTHO PHIII in its day, so why tarnish its legend. ""

WTF?? doesnt a stock n/a XR6 slaughter a GTHO ?? dont they do like 15 sec quarters etc, or am I missiung your point?