Fpv To Supercharge New 5.0-Litre V8 To Give Ford A Power Boost To Riva

ZAP

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest XR09
  • Guests

It's just more weight over the front axles.

If they could cut that closer to the six, or at least get the center of gravity lower and further back, then I would have one. Higher power pully with a tune and that sucker would fly.

• Member For: 17y 5m

The engine, as shipped, weighs just 430 pounds / 195 Kg. This represents a weight savings of more than 20 percent versus the previous 5.0-liter offering. Lower mass can be attributed to the aluminum block and heads, the lightweight composite intake manifold, composite cam covers and hollow camshafts.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 30d

The engine, as shipped, weighs just 430 pounds / 195 Kg. This represents a weight savings of more than 20 percent versus the previous 5.0-liter offering. Lower mass can be attributed to the aluminum block and heads, the lightweight composite intake manifold, composite cam covers and hollow camshafts.

Except the aus intake manifold is cast alloy, not composite.

• Senior Moron
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 2d

XR-what? They still actually make them? Haven't seen one for quite a while. :beerchug:

LOL maybe you should pull ya head out of your anus

• Member For: 19y 8m 9d

A supercharger on a road car in 2010+... no thanks.

I cannot see the value in trading the perfectly flat torque delivery of a well set up turbo for slightly more throttle response at low revs which can only be used to fry tyres. Weight transfer and traction generally limit the rate of acceleration of the current crop of F6's, so being able to dump more torque into the driveline even earlier when the chassis already lacks tractions is a waste of time.

Once on boost the turbo engine installations have essentially zero latency, so what is the point of a super charger? I mean really, what apart from some marketing ploy?

As for the sound of a V8, I don't care.

It is difficult to see the point of using fuel to drive a blower when all that free energy is heading down the exhaust by dint of deleting a turbo, or two.

As for an all alloy DI V8 TT, yes I would buy that.

And as for the sound of a all alloy DI V8TT.... really, I don't care.

Regards,

aa

• Member For: 19y 8m 9d

Look, I am certain it is a brilliant drive, no doubt. Ford when they decide to, make absolutely stellar mass market drivers' cars which also function perfectly as day to day real world cars.

Wouldn't it have been nice though, to have whatever the peak torque is in this new S/C engine, extend all the way back in a flat line to 1200rpm? Wouldn't it be nice to have all to have all that low and high end boost (torque) for free?

As for the turbo being second rate, well, the XR6-T/F6 is the MX-5 of the muscle car world. The refinement, the delivery is every bit as important, no, more important, to the enjoyment of the car than as a single raw power number.

Apologies if that last comment confounds the marketing department's demographic modeling of the XR6T/F6 buyers. Focus groups can be so misleading. :smilielol:

Regards,

aa

Edited by aiboart

• Member For: 21y 4m 30d

It's just more weight over the front axles.

If they could cut that closer to the six, or at least get the center of gravity lower and further back, then I would have one. Higher power pully with a tune and that sucker would fly.

It will weigh about the same as the 6, and the weight be be located further back as its only 4 cylinders front to back, not 6 like the I6.