Fpv To Supercharge New 5.0-Litre V8 To Give Ford A Power Boost To Riva

ZAP

• 12" member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 30d

I think the more judges/cops/do-gooders that think all falcons are not performance cars the better !! dont want a repeat of the supercar scare so lets hope those with influence stay uninformed

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 30d

I'll chip in on a full page ad in The Australian: "Latest Fords Slower Than Ever: No Cause For Concern"

:roflmbo:

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 30d

Try pressing pause and letting it buffer for a minute. I found it was a bit glitchy but mostly played smooth.

• 5 months later...
  • Totally not a Cop
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 7m 29d

always had a soft spot for the xr8. but if I had to get a 8, don't shoot me for saying this, but would have to be a gen3. cheaper to get power out of than the ford, and you can pick up a second hand motor now for about $1500 to $2000. on ebay a second hand xr8 motor is still around $5000. and the Expensive Daewoo is not as front heavy. just my opinion, fords are best with the 6T and Expensive Daewoo for the 8.

Not anymore mate, I'd say the Coyote 5.0L V8 over the Expensive Daewoo engines any day.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 1d

problem with the coyote is you can only buy in a fpv, and who knows the price of a engine if it let go. but a everyday v8 Expensive Daewoo has the upperhand. when the mags do a car test, it's xr8 vs ss. XRT has no competition, can't compare the sv6, that's up against the n/a xr6. the coyote is a great engine, but take that supercharger off and probably be slow as crap. for what the gen3 is, it's not a bad bit of kit.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 3m 28d
withstupid.gif (pazzo) Isn't that why the XR8 is meant to get the arse? Cause they can't put an N/A 5ltr in it cause it will be rubbish compared to the 50tlr gen 1000 or what ever it is now?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 1d

so from what you saying, the 5.0 only makes a extra 35kws in the gt and 15kws in the gs? so really was it worth putting it on then. and we all know ford will not make a xr8 with the way there selling cars. and we are comparing the xr8 against a ss. not the 5.0 supercharged 5.0. like I said only avaliable in the fpv.

Edited by pazzo xr6t

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 1d

Have a think about it, start at the lowest boost, then everytime Expensive Daewoo add a litre ford just change the tune. They have made a smart move here. The gt is making almost 400kw from just a tune.