• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 6m 3d

Can I have a free dyno run on my T :buttrock:

I Cbf reading every page, but I thought the press car ran 12.9@114 or 115, doesn't that equate to close to 300rwkw? Was manual too.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 30d

120mph here in auto with 317rwkw. The power curve is way different between an I6T and the SC 5.0 though so I wouldn't think it would be directly comparable? That goes for any car. This has always confused me, if I had a super peaky tune of 317, would it run a different mph as my existing smoother tune? ie more area under the power graph = faster? Or would it just change the ET?

Edited by -SteveR-

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 30d

Oh and the auto robs a little power so I read. If it was manual maybe my car woulda put down 325-330rwkw?

• Member For: 14y 6m 13d

Just got back from a drive in a GS Auto Sedan..

Motor feels like its not even trying, being held back almost. Noise from the pipes is pretty bloody good for a factory car too! Barks and carries on when you manual shift the ZF. Supercharger wine isn't there on idle but you can definately tell its there above 4500rpm.

Car also feels sharper to turn in, hit a few corners on our test drive route with a bit more speed than I usually do and it seemed to handle it quite well. Smallest bit of understeer, probably cause I still had traction control on. (Boss in the car.. :( )

Standing start was impressive, broke traction a little then hooked up and took off. Auto shifts great, after about 50km it felt as if it was learning to shift harder and hold gears longer.. Adaptive ftw!

For something that comes in under luxury car tax and you rich coal miners don't have to throw in a personal contribution, it certainly has the goods and I think ford has done an awesome job with the new motor.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 3m 28d

How does traction control effect understeer?

Saw one drive past the other day, looks ok but couldn't hear the SC and no exhaust note.

• Member For: 14y 6m 13d

I'm just used to copius amounts of oversteer.... Heh. The above is from my point of view though. Coming out of a turbo ute..

Felt as if the traction control wasn't letting the tail end 'drift' out. By understeer, I mean the smallest amount. Turn in is still very good!

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 3m 28d

Oh yeah oversteer for sure but just couldn't work out how understeer is effected by traction control, thought it might of been stability control or something dontknow.gif