Fpv To Supercharge New 5.0-Litre V8 To Give Ford A Power Boost To Riva

ZAP

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 3m 30d

We all know a couple of extra cylinders gives you a few inches so how much does a supercharger give ya?

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 16y 1m 28d

I will be buying a newGT next year!! I can't wait.

I have no intention of modifying mine and really don't care if a tuned xr is faster or not....... In fact as long as its as quick as my stock as a rock Fg turbo I will be a happy man!!! For me its being able to own a ford that has a bent eight under the bonnet that can at least match it with the red team........

I really love my turbo, but to be able to own a supercharged factory backed V8......... I reckon 90 percent of owners will be doing what I intend to do and keep them stock in the engine department besides for a daily driven car how much power do you really need???

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 3m 30d

Until one day you sitting at the lights and this strange sounding clubpsort with a stupid big bonnet bulge pulls up beside ya, the driver looks across gives you a bit of a sly smile then proceeds to absolutely destroy you in every gear until you realise it's hopeless and just give up.

It will look something like this.

wet_wild_full.jpg

stirthepot.gif

• Member For: 15y 3m 4d

As said above I think the chassis already struggles with the power that these cars are making std. Wheel spin is already an issue and as these cars get more and more powerful from the factory they will have to be tuned softer and softer down low so as to keep them safe and drivable from johhny average and maintain driveline durability for the warrantee period.

Booring.

BUT

This does however mean that there will always be a big window for aftermarket tuning to unleash the beasts for us enthusiasts.

• Member For: 17y 4m 26d

Until one day you sitting at the lights and this strange sounding clubpsort with a stupid big bonnet bulge pulls up beside ya, the driver looks across gives you a bit of a sly smile then proceeds to absolutely destroy you in every gear until you realise it's hopeless and just give up.

It will look something like this.

wet_wild_full.jpg

stirthepot.gif

can you tell me what the performance specs are of that commodore ? (that should have been aborted before birth)...

keep stirring the pot, that's fine, but once you see what FPV have in store with another boosted V8 variant, I'm sure your tune will change and you'll stop looking for HSV come backs. ;)

• Member For: 17y 5m

“New Boss 335 GT. King of every mountain.”

Motor Racing Australia, Bathurst Edition magazine, has given readers a peak at the new Boss V8 from FPV, which goes on sale at FPV dealers on Monday 25th October.

At : http://www.caradvice.com.au/83448/new-boss-335-gt-king-of-every-mountain/