Fpv To Supercharge New 5.0-Litre V8 To Give Ford A Power Boost To Riva

ZAP

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 3m 30d

"Opinion" Definition - a personal belief or judgment that is not founded on proof or certainty. spoton.gif

I don't think they will "change the game" I just think it's all hype, and a clever marketing ploy to try and help the struggling GT. But happy to wait and see.

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 30d

I'm not a huge V8 fan - I bought a turbo because at the time they were the best performance package available. However, I will defend these new engines all day long against the frankly tiresome rubbish that's getting thrown around here.

I've worked on these cars for over 12 months. I've seen the iterations, seen the work that's gone in, seen the results, felt the difference, felt the excitement when we first started them up, and seen the tireless efforts of many to deliver the most exciting V8 in a falcon for nearly 40 years. So anyone that wants to sit back in their computer chair, having never even laid eyes on one let alone driven one, and knock them, well, I'd suggest perhaps you should wait until you have actually had a go and then make up your mind.

Otherwise, I wish nothing more on you than a life of toyota ownership - whitegoods anyone?

:thumbsup:

• Donating Members

In all honesty I do hope it works out, V8's don't really phase me that much but I'd still hate to see the GT go under.

But as I said before, will wait and see.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 30d

All good Dillz :thumbsup:

With any luck these things make your decisions harder.

I know I now have a serious choice to make when my next lease comes up in 18 months - another turbo, with its all aussie boosted goodness, an 8 (of *blank* model type) with their boosted barking soundtrack, or a diesel territory :buttonit:

Maybe a novated lease V8, keep my turbo, and get the terry as a company car...and live in a shoebox

• Donating Members

Lol, don't say that it's been hard enough as is. Don't need another spanner in the works.

• BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 20d

an 8 (of *blank* model type) with their boosted barking soundtrack,

Keeping the remaining cards close hey.

• Member For: 17y 4m 25d

I've seen the full deck and how it's all designed, will be the one to have, and if Barrett keeps it under 100K like he wants to, well then, it will be budget price for the performance of Europe's best! Actually, you'll find the new GS/GT will basically be there also.

• Member For: 17y 4m 25d

"Opinion" Definition - a personal belief or judgment that is not founded on proof or certainty. spoton.gif

Certainly good reason to not take what you say with any form authority that's for sure! ;)

I don't think they will "change the game" I just think it's all hype, and a clever marketing ploy to try and help the struggling GT. But happy to wait and see.

will certainly change the V8 game.

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 11d

What I want to know is WHY THE HELL DID THE FPV BOYS NOT WIDEN THE REAR RUBBER ????

I mean seriously they can surely widen up the rear to 275 without too much DSC and brake calibrations ?

FFS these cars are pushing up some serious HP now and they insist on sh*tty dunslop rubber and 245 wide tyres. Dealers will need to offer drag radials as a dealer fit option :stirthepot:

As for my car choice, I will get a GT-H in 2011 and a new Nissan Patrol for the wife as soon as they are released.

Ford have lost me if they do not bring out a petrol T6 or V8 Territory, as I will not get the old 2.7 diesel, when they should be using the 3lt