Fpv To Supercharge New 5.0-Litre V8 To Give Ford A Power Boost To Riva

ZAP

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 16y 21d

Exactly why I jumped from HSV GTS V8 to turbo 6 :)

I think the holdens have it over the Fords in the V8's, there wasnt even competition (5.4 vs 6-6.2)! I'd like to be proved wrong when the new one is put through its paces

Guest XR09
  • Guests

It does have a very square bore though. Could possibly wind up the rev limiter 800 - 1200 rpm with reasonable safety. Wind up the pressure on the blower and retune. 400kw easy

Imagine the rebuild cost compared to the I6.

Edited by XR09

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 3m 30d

I wonder what the real world RWHP is between the HSV and FPV. Like the FG F6310 only having 310kw at the fly innocent.gif

Isnt the supercharged clubsport a Walkinshaw addition and not a proper HSV line? Also costs near 100k with the options ticked. FPV is over 20k cheaper so bit unfair to compare them directly

Who gives a sh*t really?? Walkinshaw has been around longer then FPV. Unoptioned (as in no useless crap just supercharger plus usually clubsport gear) is around 80k. I'm a Ford man but there is a hell of alot more value in the Clubby, so I know which one I'd have.

Oh a CSP, been done a zillion times already mate. Try some original material and it might be funny spoton.gif

• Member For: 17y 4m 25d

Wasn't trying to be funny Dillz.

You're a moderator yet you 'bait' with polarising comments. At least know the product and the intention before writing it off against anything else, otherwise you'll just be seen as ignorant on the subject.

Guest XR09
  • Guests

You have to admit he is pretty funny though. And as for warrenty on the W's all good all the way through and a shoite load better than fords.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 3m 30d

Wasn't baiting anyone just voicing my opinion on a public forum, you wouldn't think there would really be that many V8 fans around here to bait anyway would you?

Either way I have the right to be skeptical do I not? And with Fords current V8 track record I think my skepticism is rather valid.

• Member For: 17y 4m 25d

nothing wrong with an opinion at all Dillz. Just make sure it's a well informed one.

It's not hard to see how the previous BOSS powered cars (Except the last 315's) fell by the way side and copped criticism, but it should be pretty clear that these will change the game as it did when the XR6T and F6 were introduced.

No, there may not be many V8 fans on a forum called fordxr6turbo, but remind yourself of what this thread is called. If there's to be any V8 guys around, it would be in here.. ;)

p.s I'm not against the turbo 6 brigade or for the V8, I'm impartial... I get to play with all these toys! ;p

Edited by CSP