Fg 6T Zf Idle Problem

Pete A

• Member For: 15y 10m 18d

Guys, I've noticed recently that when stationary in "drive" the idle speed is either 500RPM or about 650RPM. AC off, everything off hot, cold no difference. I find that a couple of pretty hard accelerations and the idle goes back to 500RPM. Then after some modest driving it's back to 650RPM. It did it a couple times before the last service and I mentioned it to them but it wasn't doing it when I took it in. It now seems to be happening all the tiem. Also noticed at the same time is the inst ecconony normally sits at 1.4 L per hour when stationary. When the problem happens it sits at 2.1 L per hour. So I'm not imnagining it. Has anyone else got/had this problem? It can be dangerous as when you take the foot off the brake the car creeps forward much faster than normal.

• 09JET
  • Member For: 15y 4m 1d

I have noticed intermitent rough idle. It's only done it twice while I was warming her up in the driveway before driving to work. It sounds like its gunna stall. I only have 5500K's on it so I think it's pretty piss poor for a new car...

• Member For: 16y 2m 17d

Same kind of issue here.

After I had the car tuned, it seems to strugle to idle a little after its warm once I have driven and come to a complete stop. It has also stalled on occasion. But I assume that's just in the tune itself. Vety happy with the car as a whole but im sure this is something a more experienced work shop could fix.

• Señor Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 12d
:stupid: me too, hasnt stalled yet but sounds like it might sometimes. gonna get a retune after I get my zaust on from a different workshop so ill see how we go