What Are Stock Bf Xr6T Mk Ii'S Worth?

xpl0sive

• Member For: 15y 9m

wow some awesome deals you guys scored there. Might have to hold off for a while, and get something with less k's. I guess it's easy to get caught up in the moment and buy something on impulse. Colour is also important to me, so that's probably why I've taken so long trying to find one. It's bloody hard finding the right car, especially when it comes to interstate as you have no idea what condition the car is in or if there is anything wrong with it and the last thing I'd wanna do is fly interstate to check out a car only to find out it's a lemon and go there for nothing.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 20y 5m 17d

Yeah finding the right combo is the hard bit.

I actually have seen that white one for $16,500 mentioned earlier. Seller seems genuine and not shonky at all! The car needs a good detail and it has a good ding on the front LHS guard and just below it on the front bar also($600 quote I think he said). Didn't get a check of it mechanically wise as I was also looking at others. Reason it's hard to shift that one is that you can't get finance for repairable write offs, hence most people (not me though luckily), need to get a loan for their car. Also dealers, should you ever go to trade it in, won't touch it (according to some of the Ford dealers I contacted).

I reckon one for about 22k is around with lowish ks. But not right now! lol.

Yeah cars seem to be expensive at the moment for some reason. Not sure if they actually sell for that much though. You reckon it'd be easier to get one cheaper around Jan? I noticed cars tend to sell for less after the holiday period.

• Member For: 16y 2m 6d

bro I believe it's a buyer's market and let me tell how I was feeling as the seller.

mine being close to 100K I was getting a little anxious and I can reveal now I would have sold my car for $20K to the first person that offered it.

I wasn't necesarily desperate either, I just felt that I had to move it on before the odo reached six figures because phsycologically it was playing on mind it was best to get what I could for it asap. mind you I paid 22K for it when I bought it.

it doesn't hurt to negotiate hard either, they can only tell you to F OFF!

I would wait till 2010 and in this climate CASH IS KING and you are in control, not someone (seller) who has a depreciating asset.

good luck mate!

• Member For: 16y 2m

I don't agree with that, if the right car comes up at a good price jump on it. Maybe you'll save another grand but if you wait 6 months to do it is it really worth while? I'm selling a car at the moment (not my T) and if you have a good car up for a decent price it's only a matter of time before you will get some interest. Like buying, if you hold out another 6 months you might get someone willing to pay more and you make a little extra but what is that really worth to you?

further to your comments and concerns earlier...

timing chain covers are sealed with that goo too like the rocker cover, sometimes it doesn't seal well and oil will leak, normal ford problem.

but certain pully noises or leaks could indicate the car has reached high revs on a regular basis and then after that may not have let the car cool down appropriately and we could be back to square one and that is turbo problems which for me is a good sign overall on how the car was treated.

he certaily might know something you don't. grab a powerfull torch even during the day and check for oil down both sides of the block near the fron of the motor and any signs it has been washed. it is common for it to sweat a little though.

I would also look at HPFs thread, that pic in there is my turbo oil line BLOCKED!

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/Warning-Blocked-Oil-Feed-t61908.html

see heat affected area

Edited by sasgamo

• Member For: 18y 8m 7d

Hi,

where did you "find" this car? Carsales etc or where? Good price I reckon for such low k's

Thommo, just on carsales

always a risk looking interstate, got the car checked by the SA equiv of RACV check (cant remember then name of them) all seem quite checked out the car and drive it home.

It was a real nice way to geta feel for the car, driving it about 800kms

bro I believe it's a buyer's market and let me tell how I was feeling as the seller.

mine being close to 100K I was getting a little anxious and I can reveal now I would have sold my car for $20K to the first person that offered it.

I wasn't necesarily desperate either, I just felt that I had to move it on before the odo reached six figures because phsycologically it was playing on mind it was best to get what I could for it asap. mind you I paid 22K for it when I bought it.

it doesn't hurt to negotiate hard either, they can only tell you to F OFF!

I would wait till 2010 and in this climate CASH IS KING and you are in control, not someone (seller) who has a depreciating asset.

good luck mate!

20k, wow lol. I always try to negotiate and give them reasonable offers but a lot of people don't seem to wanna budge on prices, until their car sits on carsales for 2 months and they realise nobody is going to pay what they are asking.

I don't want to offer people more than the car is worth, particularly if it has high km over a short period of time. Thinking back now, I probably shouldn't have even offered 22k to this bloke, but after seeing the car I wanted it then and there, and he mentioned some bloke was coming with cash from interstate and was real keen on picking it up but I can't imagine someone would pay 24k for it. I think he was just trying to push me into offering more. I'm not desperate, I've waited until now I can wait a little longer, but I just don't want to miss out on a good buy at the same time and think 'damn I should've bought it' and then have to wait around for the right car again.

By the way, thanks for the tip and the pictures regarding the oil feed line. That sucks. If I get this car looked over by RACV, would they pick up on things like that?

not too sure if racv can pick it up or even a pro for that matter. give em a call, even give a tuner a call and perhaps offer him the racv fee for an hour of his time.

it's probably fair to say that if the line is visibly heat affected it might not mean it's blocked either. (remember, there is a turbo oil line filter in there too which gets blocked even after it is replaced, ask the dude if he has ever changed it or even if knows what the hell it is, chances are he is clueless.)

perhaps tapping it (the line) with a key near the turbo where heat is rapant and listening for a hollow sound or inconsistancies in sounds along the line.

that's why it's best to go low k's mate and reduce the chances.

anyway that's just me, this is what I worry about now due to my turbo failing.

the fg can cop the same thing too, it's design is the same.

there is nothing wrong with waiting for the right car either espescially after chrissy/new years/holidays as most people spend lots of cash this time year.

CASH IS KING in this climate, don't part with it without a fight

Edited by sasgamo

Thanks for the tips brother, seems like low k's is the way to go...for piece of mind. By the way, if you don't mind me asking, why did you sell your BF? did you buy another car?