What Are Stock Bf Xr6T Mk Ii'S Worth?

xpl0sive

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 15y 9m

Thanks for the input guys, definately not interested in any chasers. I'm after a virgin BF, clean as a whistle.

Anyway, I just came back from seeing this car. First of all, the car looks mint. Very clean paintjob, interior is spotless (there are a few marks here and there on the paint, but you'd get that with any car really, unless you never drive it, but for the most part I was very impressed with how clean it was overall). I don't think its a chaser, as I couldn't find any holes anywhere or anything. That was the first thing I asked him, and he said definately not, as it was one of the first things he was looking out for when buying the car (making sure it's not a chaser). Seemed like a fussy bloke who was after a stock standard, immaculate xr6t, just like myself.

The reason for the high km's is that the car was purchased off a telstra executive who used it as a company car and did alot of driving to Geelong (where he works) and back. It's mostly highway km's he says.

Now, the part I'm a bit sus about is the motor. This is the first XR6T I've gone to check out, so I'm not sure if this is normal, but it sounded a little noisy around the front of the motor. The power steering pump was a little noisy too. The bloke reckons it's just the pulleys at the front, normal noise comming from the bearings etc... dunno if he is talking rubbish or not though. Also, I looked around the head and noticed silicone between the seal, so I suspected the head had been changed. Once again, is this normal? I questioned him about it but he assures me it was never opened and reckons it came like that from Ford. I mean surely the heads would be sealed with a proper gasket and not silicone? Sorry if this doesn't make much sense, not sure how else to explain it. Is anyone able to put up a close-up pic of their engine, showing where the head joins the block so I can compare?

I did ask the bloke if I could arrange an RACV check and he said no problem, but I just don't want to waste time and money doing that if this motor has been opened.

Edited by xpl0sive

• Member For: 16y 2m 6d

I just sold mine for $22K with 96K on the clock. (bf post 06/06 zf auto)

I had a brand new turbo put in as it failed, the guy that bought it got a bargain adn the new turbo if looked after will last another good 100K. I disclosed all info to him and apart from the diff bush (replaced) the car passed rwc with flying colours as I found out later.

it failed coz the previous owner lied about proper servicing and missed a few, he jsut added them in the log book and he reckons he was a mechanic, so log books mean JACK! if they are looked after these things will last way past 100K. and before I bought it was 1 owner car.

if worried my advice to you is buy one with very low Ks coz you will be in a position to prevent and more than likey not enough time of bad habbits have gone by to damage it by the previous owner(s). even get a later model one with some warranty on it.

I don't know if the heat affected area of the turbo oil feed line near the turbo is a tell tale sign of possible problems to come.

I would get onto one of the sponsors for advice and ask them what to look out for.

good luck mate!

Hey Buddy,

Thanks for your input. I think I remember your car...it was on carsales, ego, had some aftermarket rims on it. From Oakleigh I believe? 22k does sound like a good deal.

I know log books don't always mean much, but if it makes a difference the log book shows it was serviced at a Ford dealer all it's life.

Anyway, after doing abit of research apparantly the noise is quite common on Fords and shouldn't be anything to worry about. As for the head, from what I've read and heard, some were put together with silicon, so this could also be factory and in fact never been opened.

All that aside, lets say mechanically this car is perfect...what would you guys pay for something like this? It's Sillouhette btw. Owner doesn't seem to wanna budge from 24k for the moment. After seeing it in the flesh and how nice and clean it looked, I really want it, but I'm really anal about cars with high k's, so I offered him 22500 as I didn't want to pay more than that for something that has 90000 clicks, and I didn't want to rush and make any decisions I might regret. I must admit though, for standard cloth trim, the BF seats are quite nice! after sitting in them, I wasn't really dissapointed about the car not having leather. A sunroof would've been awesome though.

• Member For: 15y 2m 3d
Now, the part I'm a bit sus about is the motor. This is the first XR6T I've gone to check out, so I'm not sure if this is normal, but it sounded a little noisy around the front of the motor. The power steering pump was a little noisy too. The bloke reckons it's just the pulleys at the front, normal noise comming from the bearings etc... dunno if he is talking rubbish or not though. Also, I looked around the head and noticed silicone between the seal, so I suspected the head had been changed. Once again, is this normal? I questioned him about it but he assures me it was never opened and reckons it came like that from Ford. I mean surely the heads would be sealed with a proper gasket and not silicone? Sorry if this doesn't make much sense, not sure how else to explain it. Is anyone able to put up a close-up pic of their engine, showing where the head joins the block so I can compare?

I did ask the bloke if I could arrange an RACV check and he said no problem, but I just don't want to waste time and money doing that if this motor has been opened.

If it's an 07 with 90k on the clock it's still under warranty, get it taken down to Ford so they can checkout the noises you are concerned about, and get them sorted under warranty if so.

yeah mate it's still under warranty, I just remembered. It's late 07, so it's still under warranty until late next year. I guess the thing I'm most concerned about is whether this motor has been opened or not, but it doesn't look likely. I guess you just want to be absolutely certain before you hand over a large sum of money.

• Member For: 18y 8m 7d

Now, the part I'm a bit sus about is the motor. This is the first XR6T I've gone to check out, so I'm not sure if this is normal, but it sounded a little noisy around the front of the motor. The power steering pump was a little noisy too. The bloke reckons it's just the pulleys at the front, normal noise comming from the bearings etc... so I can compare?

funny, my bf2 has done 45k on the clock and I have just had both powersteering pump and one of the pulleys replaced under waranty due to noise. not sure how common this is though...

• Member For: 18y 8m 7d

just a note as well, I paid $24800 for a bf2 turbo Dec 06 build with 34000kms which is pretty much stock except for premium sound and the awesome zf 6 speed auto.

I did wait 8 months for a car, I was in no rush, not overly concerned about colour I was more interested in low kms. I also had to travel interstate for it.

• ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 5d

carsales is good. I went interstate for 07/06 xr6t (first rego 12/06), 26,000kms $23k. this was almost 6 months ago. very basic, although had the ZF and bluetooth. paint needs detailing, but no dents or scratches.