F6 Insurance On Ps.

bradles024

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 10m 7d

Got insurance through Just Car for my BA F6...am I able to make a claim considering I'm on P plates? I'm on them for another 2 months and haven't really been driving it much because I'm unsure if they will pay out a claim or not.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 15y 4m 17d

no you cannot. If you are not legally allowed to drive that car, then you cannot make a claim with you as the driver. Maybe if your lucky, you can Get the other driver to say your dad/mum was driving. But there is a slight chance of that happening.

Btw how did you get insured to drive the car if your on p plates? Unless you lied on your insurance papers?

The insurance compay will void your insurance if you have a prang with little to no tread on any one tyre. Or if any other part on the car is unroadworthy or if they can find an excuse to void it. Any thing for money I guess.

• Member For: 17y 6m 11d

They will pay against fire & theft only not if you actually crash.............

Best bet is put it in the garage for 2 more months until you can drive it.

• Member For: 15y 4m 17d

well by rights yes they should. Just call them and ask, just say to them that you are looking at driving the car and ask them that even though they have insured you, will you be covered in the case of an accident. But the best thing is to just lay low and dont drive it, untill your on your fulls.

BTW how much are you paying for the year.

• Member For: 18y 3m 17d

Any insurance company will happily take you money, however if you have a at-fault crash and they find out you are not legally allowed to drive that car they will NOT pay out. Be careful dude

• Member For: 16y 1m 19d

Im guessing your in the eastern state's or a new law has passed bout turbo/v8 on p's. Cause in WA I drove my BA xr6t for 9 or so months on P's and had no drama's with the police. or insurance companies I'd say wait 2 months and dont risk a fine or losing your license, which wont be fun. :rolleyes:

Edited by Ford powa

• Need more power. Now taking donations.
  • Member For: 15y 6m 25d

You are not legally allowed to drive the F6. It may be tempting to see it in your driveway, but there are no driveways to park it in while you're in prison. If you hit someone causing injury or even death, you will be locked up.

Even though you are "insured", they will happily take your $2600/year with NO intention to cover you in a crash.

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 7m 4d

Have you actually had an accident?

Is that why you are looking for a claim? or are u just talking in hyperthetically?

If you havent, I would take the thing to your nearest storage yard, cancel the insurance, take out a 3rd party + fire and theft cover, save the 200$ a month for the next two months, and leave it locked up...

Better to have it locked up then you bud!

:nyaah: