Police Officer Sacked

Sleeper6T

• Member For: 15y 8m 11d

Speaking of corruption.

Most cops don't report corrupt colleagues. No one likes a rat, and who knows which superior officer happens to be corrupt. There'll always be corruption in the police force, not too much you can do about it.

Think about it this way - a grunt officer earns $1000 a week and he has a mortgage to pay and 3 kids to feed. How tempting is it to let off a drug dealer for 1K or notify a drug lord of a raid 6 hours in advance for 10K ?

I think this senior officer got sacked because he ticked off someone superior (may or may not be corruption related).

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 15y 18d

So what does this teach little kids?

If you can't beat em.. join em.

Or just hate them for the rest of your life.

f*cking awesome isn't it!

Riddle me this.

The police 'organisation' is exactly that. An organisation. A business entrusted with powers to enforce the laws of the GOVERNMENT.

Why do we have SEPERATE ORGANISATIONS (state police) in every state that are entrusted to enforce these laws that the GOVERNMENT create!? Why is it not government police enforcing these laws?

Every officer needs to be a FEDERAL one. That might just solve some of the problems we have.

This is why;

When people get fined on our roads.. where does this money go? Straight to the state business/organisation that's entrusted with enforcing these laws ie: VICPOL, SAPOL, etc..

I think I'd rather my money given to the government and maybe it just might find it's way back into the roads we drive on.

What a joke.

• Member For: 16y 2m 27d

I remember being followed many years ago on the hume by a Falcon - thought the driver was trying to play... actually ended up being a cop... nice guy in his mid to late 40's, pulls me over after a few ins of following at around 130km's.... not much traffic at all, visibility + and comes over looks at the license and says gees mate, nice car, and nice skills.... Fine ended up being 10 over under 15 or something like that... and I drove the rest of the way to Sydney at or around the limit...

I had a similar result a few months ago on the Hume somewhere between Albury and Sydney in my T, I was sitting on 130-140km/h, the sky was clear and there wasn't much traffic and as I was overtaking a b-double up a hill I saw a HWP in my rear-view and he pulled me over. I had no argument whatsoever, I was speeding well past the limit so I didn't even try and argue and he came up, grabbed my license and rego details and went back to his car without saying a word. After 10 minutes or so he comes back and says "You went past me at 135, then I got you again doing 132 up the hill but because of my distance from you and the angle of the road I wrote you a ticket for 10 and over."

I was bloody surprised and just nodded my head and said "Ok" and that was that. The next six hours to the central coast I didn't go 2 km/h over the limit, and even now I'm pretty reluctant to go too far over the limit on the highway when I go to/from Sydney...

Edited by Amjagaza

Guest XR09
  • Guests

I must be lucky

I don't get booked very often at all, and that's luck not how I drive. I am on fast bikes all the time. And you cant help but speed on one of those. You bring on a little more throttle coming out of a corner to sit the bike up and next thing you are easy doing 120 - 130 in a 100 zone.

but I would rather take my chances on a cop than a fixed camera, any day.

I always seem to get it reduced a few k with the wallies. where how can you argue with a letter in the mail.

I have a few friends who are wallies, and they will never tell the cop who pulls them over they are cops, that's how bad it has become in there on the force. Dog eat dog. And yep they are good mates and are not always on the job. Traffic work is the worst.

PS and I know it's off topic, but it's not something I would put a header on... but. One of my many jobs is a postal contract, Kewl job and I am usually done by 11.AM but now the GOV has decided that we would make great surveillance for them,

I have 3 houses now on my run under this surveilence and yes I will lose my job for telling this I think.... but screw them I am not a cop, or a priv dick for anyone. I am not a MAGGOT

I can feel a big strike coming on.

Support your postie

Edited by XR09

• 2 weeks later...
  • My engine bay is Bionic
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 6d

talking about bumping the speed down, I did exactly that. I was caught for doing 99 in a 60 zone (no excuse, but I was late for tafe). was very polite to the officer. took it on the chin and I was looking at 6 months. 3 for points (it was double demerits) and 3 for going more than 30 over.

Long story short, I got a lawyer, the lawyer called the officer had a nice long chat to him about motorbikes and the like, and was able to reduce my sentence to under 30 which meant 6 points and I got to keep my license.

Ive read the others and the general concensus about there being sh!t loads more to the real story is more than likely. Sacked for using some fair and reasonable discretion with 32 years service in whatever state sounds like a big beat up over spilt milk.

And the only issue I have with this post is that I just dont believe it.

I.B.