1St Time Buyer - Bfii Xr6T, Auto

acollins

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 4m 25d

Exactly. You only have to do the trip once, but problems with the wrong car could last alot longer.

You might even be able to get a trusted local member to test drive it for ya, I know if I found the right car that was interstate I know a few guys on here I would trust to test it for me.

If they could be farked doing so that is :tab:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 15y 2m 3d

Keep looking mate. I flew 2000kms to test drive my car. Loved it and drove it 2000kms home. Don't let distance get in the way of the right car.

Oh, and I was searching for about 3 months before I found it. Dont be impatient and end up with something less than what you wanted.

Exactly, I had to wait two months after I sold my previous car before I came across my black Dec 07 XR6T with 56k on the clock, picked it up for $26k yesterday and I'm absolutely stoked.

4129984949_05118ffa3a.jpg

• Member For: 16y 2m

Actually I looked around NSW and couldnt find one I wanted (BF mk2 with zf and at a decent price) that wasn't a chaser. I went to melbourne for work one day and found the exact car I had been looking for even down to my first choice of colour and I bid on it online that day. Came back a few days later and drove it home.

The most important thing is patience. Whats on the market might not suit you right now, wait a few weeks and it might change. A good deal like the one above will pop up, just keep checking carsales/drive/etc.. and when a good one pops up jump on it quickly. Drive a few more from dealers even if you aren't keen on the colour or price so you know exactly what to expect and leave your details and what you're after with a few of them if you like the service.

• Member For: 15y 2m 3d

Yeah really happy with the buy, badly needs a detail and there a few things to sort under warranty (diff bush, subs blown and passenger seatbelt release gets stuck occasionally) but other than that she's perfect :)

and the wheels are the standard 18" alloys that come with the 07 July update Mk II's, they are darker and have painted grey inserts that match the inserts on the update sideskirts.

I've chucked some pics of it on my Flickr: Ford Falcon XR6 Turbo - a set on Flickr

Edited by MitchellO