Tail Shaft Balance. How Much?

plasmid2

• Member For: 16y 4m 13d

G'day to all,

I have had a vibration issue with my 03 XR6T for a few months now. I have done the obvious of new tyres, wheels balanced three times at three different tyre shops, wheel alignment, different tyre pressures and checking wheel nuts. Vibration still there! Mainly at around 90-100kph. Mainly in the steering wheel. However, it is very intermittent but when it vibrates it seems to be getting worse!!

After doing extensive reading on this site I am thinking maybe a tail shaft balance. Does any one know how much this might set me back? I just don't want to keep throwing money at it and still have the problem!!

Any advice will be beneficial.

Cheers.

• Member For: 21y 2m 12d

Hi,

I sympathise with you. I've had a couple of tailshaft balances (under warranty) however am still having 'similar' vibration problems- since new!I am so pissed off. It is also intermitent, on a few occasions I've booked the car in, however prior to, the vibration has not been sufficient enough to warrant Ford looking at it. If you end up with a solution please share!

• Member For: 15y 9m 22d

Hey .. I had similar issues with vibration from 85km onwards and I changed my rotors one day and realised that one of the calipers were loose . ever since then its been sweet as no vibration so dunno if maybe that will solve it for you

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1d

G'day to all,

I have had a vibration issue with my 03 XR6T for a few months now. I have done the obvious of new tyres, wheels balanced three times at three different tyre shops, wheel alignment, different tyre pressures and checking wheel nuts. Vibration still there! Mainly at around 90-100kph. Mainly in the steering wheel. However, it is very intermittent but when it vibrates it seems to be getting worse!!

After doing extensive reading on this site I am thinking maybe a tail shaft balance. Does any one know how much this might set me back? I just don't want to keep throwing money at it and still have the problem!!

Any advice will be beneficial.

Cheers.

Have you had the car lowered?

I have the same problem and I have lowered mine and heard when your car is lowered it can cause vibrations.