Ba-Bf Xr6 Typhoon Intercooler On Ebay

plasmid2

• Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member For: 17y 5m 24d

when I first did my car I ran a monza with a 8psi generic tune from c@v and it was fine on the dyno no over boost or leaning out but couldn't use the 10psi generic it didn't look so safe on the dyno

Guest Al@n
  • Guests

I feel that if you follow all of this advice in you will not come undone, particularly in relation to intercooling requiring the correct tune, I think that this may be what you are referring too. Further, E-BAY scamers be warned, you are being watched particularly by very knowledgable XR6 T members, Cheers

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 11m 26d

Hey, you do know that your car will require a flash tune if you put this on your car right ?

So many people here replace the intercooler and/or exhaust and wonder why they overboost, only to find out these minor mods upset the car.

You cannot do much more than an airfilter without upsetting the ECU and putting the car into limp mode when it boosts.

Make sure you factor in an Flash tuner and whatever other mods you plan, then get it all installed and tuned in one hit. This will save multiple custom tunes.

Also do not buy a F6 cooler unless you only plan very light mods (aka no injectors) as you will only need to buy a bigger cooler if you want anything more than 280rwkw.

good advice but not entirely true depending on the model, better to be on the safe side though.

I did the f6 airbox and k&n filter, then I put in a hurricane 200cpsi cat. Took is for an AFR checkup on the dyno and it was fine (rich), never hit limp mode either.

Then I put on a monza style cooler and once again took it to a dyno for a check up, same results. The emissions light would come on sometimes but never limp mode.

235rwkw on bf mk11 with no tune

different story with ba's

• Member For: 14y 11m 1d

I agree.

You could also go a Monza ( WOG) cooler. It wont break the bank and will bolt up like a stock one.

Perhaps wack a Want to Buy for a Typhoon or Wog cooler and see what comes up!

Or, buy this one!

BA BF XR6 / FPV F6 Turbo Upgrade Intercooler-BRAND NEW! - eBay Intercoolers, Performance Parts, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 25-Nov-09 19:22:43 AEDST)

Ho Ho Ho there,

Hi guys I ended up winning the Monza cooler on ebay,

I am a bit confused guys. Now I want to know if I add the cooler on, do I need to get it flash tuned straight away? Some of you state you don't and some of you say you do (ZAP for instance). I have had a read of the sticky for overboost and it

seems that its a question that has no definitive answer. Currently my car is a "2003 BA" has nothing done to it except some gauges put in. My intention is to build on the car before going to get a edit done to it. So next up I want to get some Nizpro valve springs added etc etc etc. Whats your opinion on the intercooler guys???.

Thanks

Chaminda (Formerly Shermanator)

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 14d

It does vary from car to car, however I ran a PWR intercooler and under battery pipe while untuned and on a generic tune and never got any overboost or lean-outs. I believe it has more to do with the exhaust side of things IMHO.

• Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member For: 17y 5m 24d

A $50 dyno run after fitment will tell you without guessing if it safe or not , and check out atomic and crow valve springs before you buy nizpro some people have had issues with the niz springs