• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Force Fed Fords
  • Member For: 15y 11m 15d

Your lucky that they even accepted responsibility, 95% of time they tell you to F off as there is no proof of them damaging it... And for your cars sake, with alignments and minor stuff like that, please dont take it to ford as it could have been worse... Hope it all goes well though mate...

• Brisbanes Resident Detailer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 6d

Good result, just make sure you get the car back and go over it before you accept it back. Check that the repair is done well but also check the rest of the car for new scratches including a rushed detailed job as they will more than likely shine up the whole car. Will look good but many times ive had my car back to find buffer marks left in the clear coat.

• Member For: 16y 14d

Gday all

I took the car to the dealer today so they could repair the scratch. At the end of the day when I went to pick up the car they asked me "come have a look and see what you think!". The scratch was still obvious and a few new scratches as well as they tried to give it another buff!. The advisor then said " are you happy or would you like the whole panel resprayed?".

The car is booked in for tomorrow for a few days at the panel shop... will send photos of the completed job. Good of the dealer I agree! They have been really good to me through warranty and basically adjust lubricate things like doors and window regulators for free (had some problems in the past though but all sorted, they know I mean business! :buttrock: ....)

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 11m 6d

Sounds like they were still trying to take the cheap way out.

I've had gutter rash on my rims since taking to a dealer among many other issues. But what can you do if you don't notice straight away? You're just lucky they copped to it.

The dealership which serviced my car also did 30 over the posted speed limit EVERY time I took it to them too. That's the price you pay for warranty work I guess.

• Member For: 18y 7m 12d

The dealership which serviced my car also did 30 over the posted speed limit EVERY time I took it to them too. That's the price you pay for warranty work I guess.

sorry to hijack, I know you can set a speed limit alarm, how do you check to see if it has been over the alarm?

taking mine in to a dealrer on tues for warranty work.....taking photos of every panel and the km's it has travelled when it hits ford!

• Member For: 15y 8m 13d

I learned my lesson when I took my bf to ford for its 60k service everything was sweet untill about 2 weeks later I couldnt take my front left wheel off (as it was flat) I rung up nrma they tried to undo them (but couldnt) so I had it towed back 2 ford as all 20 studs where cross threaded they tried to get me to pay for it but when I told them they did the tyre rotation they r the 1ns who stuffed up but in the end I still had to pay as they said that I didn't have any proof that they did it and not me.