Ford Service Damaged My Car

• Member For: 16y 14d

Gday all,

Just today I had my BF2 turbo booked in at a Ford dealership in NSW. I organised for a front wheel alignment to be completed as well as a wheel balance. I left the car with them for 5 hours. When I returned, look what I found!

I am lucky I found the scratch that day, I am always paranoid about scratches in carparks etc, and usually check the car for damage... It was already after hours so I couldnt ring them up!

The next question is, will the dealership accept responsibility? I have already sent am email with pics to the service manager...

Has anyone here ever experienced something like this from a dealer? I just think its sad that I am paying them to do this work, and they cant even get it right!

Not the first problems with this dealer either. Ive had my oil following a a service 20mm above the 'full' level on the dipstick. Absolute nuisance to jack the car up and through trial and error try and remove the right amount of oil!!! :beerchug:

post-31406-125715653107_thumb.jpg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 12d

Some dealers are cool about this kind of thing, but you will find out how good your dealer is.

Be calm and nice about it as you will get nowhere yelling and threatning them.

It does not look too bad, it may disappear with a bit of polish.

• Member For: 18y 2d

This is why you never ever pick your car up when the business is closed for the day. Don't like your chances, the car has been removed from the dealer so they will argue that it was done between the time you took it and returned it. If they don't argue and just fix it, then keep going back as they are really honest and want to look after you!

Mine got a full body length scratch when it went in for a service, that took a nice argument to have fixed!

• Member For: 15y 1m 25d

Gday all,

Just today I had my BF2 turbo booked in at a Ford dealership in NSW. I organised for a front wheel alignment to be completed as well as a wheel balance. I left the car with them for 5 hours. When I returned, look what I found!

I am lucky I found the scratch that day, I am always paranoid about scratches in carparks etc, and usually check the car for damage... It was already after hours so I couldnt ring them up!

The next question is, will the dealership accept responsibility? I have already sent am email with pics to the service manager...

Has anyone here ever experienced something like this from a dealer? I just think its sad that I am paying them to do this work, and they cant even get it right!

Not the first problems with this dealer either. Ive had my oil following a a service 20mm above the 'full' level on the dipstick. Absolute nuisance to jack the car up and through trial and error try and remove the right amount of oil!!! :stickpoke:

Mate this is why you dont get your car serviced at any dealer. 1st year apprentices working on your pride and joy. Do yourself a favour and find a reputable independant Mechanic.

• Member For: 15y 3m 11d

Thanks for the replies guys. I will let you know how it goes!

The picture doesnt justify the scratch! Its actually gone through the colour coat to white underneath!

Nice to know your opinions though! Keep them coming

Thanks

Yeah mate. Can see from the photo that it's nasty. Let us know how you go tomorrow. Remember- you catch more flies with honey :stickpoke:

Edited by kirjo

• Member For: 15y 8d

The problem with that is of course at the end it is their word against yours... and the cost of legal action will make anyone break out into a lathery sweat...

I'd be nice to the service manager and see where that gets ya..

• Member For: 16y 14d

Gday all,

A bit of an update today...

Took the car in early before work. I left the car in their hands so they could 'assess' the situation.

I picked up the car at 5:00pm, to have a service advisor approach me and say; "the service manager is taking the matter very seriously". They agreed that the scratch was made by them and accept responsibility.

He also said he tried to buff out the scratch himself and also got a detailer to buff it out (which probably removed all the clearcoat...). It has removed the white mark but the scratch is still visible. You can run your fingernail through it noticeably.

I also asked the advisor "what is the repair going to include?". He didn't really elaborate, but they wanted me to bring it in tomorrow to be repaired (certainly it would take more than a day to respray and do it properly?) I hope they just don't touch it up with paint.

What do you guys think?

Cheers

Edited by GreyXR6_Turbo