Bf Mkii 2008 Upgrade?

jim985

• Member For: 15y 5m 27d

Seduced thatnks for the relpies, ill be sure to check that stuff out. I am pretty sure it was the dealer who did the cosmetic upgrades, as they have another XR6T with all the same stuff done to it. I think it was ex government, as 90k on an 08 is almost impossible for a private owner.

Thanks again for helping me out. Hopefully ill be a proper member of these forums soon (I.e actually have a falcon)

Jim

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 15y 11m 3d

Hi Guys

I bought a BFII (late '07) ex-chaser from a Ford dealer early this year. It had 53,000km on it at the time.

Only problems we have had are a shat turbo (thanks dodgy Ford service - replaced after about a month of fighting) and a worn out diff bush, both replaced under warranty. The front disks will also need replacing but I will have to wear that - hello PBR upgrade kit!

As far as the condition of the car was concerned, it's not too bad. There are repaired holes in the driver's side A pillar trim, a piece of carpet stuck on down on the passengers side near the shifter and the usual brackets and holes in the boot.

My main concerns for the future are servicing (or replacing the clutch packs in) the auto and replacing the suspension bushes.

For something that cost me about half as much as a new one I don't think I did too badly.

Chris

Edited by Chris and Liza

• Need more power. Now taking donations.
  • Member For: 15y 7m 6d

Did they tell you the cause of the buggered turbo? I bet it was the oil line blocked... everyone should grab an ETM oil feed line.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 7m 7d

I'd be careful of cars like that because of their unknown history and Ford service.

When my car was in for a ZF inspection, there was an ex-cop XR6T in for a ZF in inspection as well. ZF bloke voided the warranty on the trans because computer showed it had been overheated 3 times in the past from hard driving and misuse... ZF bloke suggested getting owner to change fluid in the hope it fixes the problem

And really there was nothing the new owner could do, apart from cry... Sort of takes the gloss off of owning an "ex-chaser".