Twelve Months Of Coil Pack Research

straughsberry

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 2d

I have been assured they are a quality product but I want a 100% guarantee that IF things go south, anyone who buys them can get their money back, no questions asked. And this is what I am trying to organise at the moment. And it's more complicated when dealing with cultural differences.

I know I have been mucked around in the past and am still getting stuffed around by the odd knob head. That Borgg set I got of eBay from a well known seller is still waiting to be replaced/refunded. Called him on at least 4 occasions and keep getting the same story that replacements are coming. The last 3 times I've called him, he hasn't picked up his phone. Now I have to waste more of my time and drive down to his workshop in Coburg to get what's owing me. Why should I have to do that? Answer: I shouldn't!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 6m 7d

Anone buying the Weapon X Ignition Coils I would try and purchase them from the states if I were you. They are $400 US. With the dollar being the way it is the Disti is ripping Aussies off.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 13d

I put a new set of factory coils in over the weekend, together with new plugs. Had the original BA MKII coils in there (63,000km's old) and there was no difference. Old ones were perfectly fine but just did it since the plugs were due for replacement. Been running decent power for the last 40,000km's.

• Inactive Members
  • Member For: 14y 10m 18d

Is there any way to test the coils themselves? I've been through about 3 sets of gapped plugs over 2 months but they all seem to break down, some lasting weeks, others days.

For 100 coins, I'd be more than interested in the group buy. What's the going rate for the Ford genuine genuines?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 2d

Fords retail is somewhere around $70 per coil. You can get them a fair bit cheaper though. PM me if you want a set.

I'm thinking I'm not even going to bother with the 100 buckers - too many headaches when things go wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 17y 3m 13d

Just a quick question for you guys. Apparently Ford made some changes to the coils and coil covers with the FG *LINK*. How difficult would it be to fit these "upgraded" parts to a BA/F? Has anyone gone down this path?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 10d

http://www.nology.com/images/focushotwirekit.gif

Seems the 2004+ focus 2.3l DOHC uses the same coils as our car.. the plugs the same.. the coils the same..

I wonder really how well these things work as your still using the factory coils.. their "technology" is a capacity in the coil lead.

also. Strawberry, were one of the coil packs you tested a denso drop in replacement unit? I was given a set the other day to test.. But im rather reluctant to do so.