Group Buy: Ba/Bf Custom Fiberglass Bonnet - Approved Custom body panel

FSIX

• Member For: 15y 9m 22d
I like the look of it that far forward.

But to say air will flow into it is false, it's too far forward.
Air will be sucked out of it, not in. And that may well play havok with the cooling airflow through the radiator

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 18y 11m 23d
[quote name='straughsberry' date='26 October 2009 - 05:10 PM' timestamp='1256537453' post='947250']
That's a fair statement but where is the proof or evidence of this functionality? Does data suggest that having it that far forward works better than having it a little further back? Has any data been collected from temp probes under the engine bay?
[/quote]
Only with a laser temperature gun, is this profound proof? [u]probably not[/u], so on that basis if comment has mislead anyone I do apologize and suggest not buying it if my information has mislead you.

Watching the heat haze come out whilst sitting at the lights you can see that with anyone's eyes.

[quote name='Azra'eil' date='26 October 2009 - 06:25 PM' timestamp='1256541945' post='947297']
I like the look of it that far forward.

But to say air will flow into it is false, it's too far forward.
Air will be sucked out of it, not in. And that may well play havok with the cooling airflow through the radiator
[/quote]
Had the prototype on my car for 2 days City driving and Geelong to Melbourne twice with no problems.

[quote name='Russ F6' date='26 October 2009 - 08:03 PM' timestamp='1256547804' post='947331']
Whats the average price to get one of these painted?

Russ
[/quote]
Hi Russ, depends who paints it and brand and quality of materials, I think a good Job by a professional well start around $500.

Hope to have the 1st couple of bonnets shipped out late next week..please PM me your Vin number so they can fill in your compliance sheets.

[b]List[/b]
Fsix
Ovakil
Scar
bj777
Dazza
whitexr Edited by FSIX

The bonnets will stay at this group buy price of $950 with subsidized Freight of $100 until November 30th then this group buy is closed, after this date I have been informed the price will go to $1250 plus full freight costs.

• ANGEL EYES
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 26d
Are you close to the 20 or 30 bonnets across the different forums???

[img]http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif[/img]

[quote name='GR8XR6' date='03 November 2009 - 09:07 PM' timestamp='1257246429' post='950173']
Are you close to the 20 or 30 bonnets across the different forums???

[/quote]
I doubt we will get to 20 on the group buy, Are you wanting one?

• ANGEL EYES
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 26d
Undecided at this stage! Very nice look though and love that it approved bonnet!

[img]http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif[/img]

[quote name='GR8XR6' date='04 November 2009 - 10:17 PM' timestamp='1257337039' post='950558']
Undecided at this stage! Very nice look though and love that it approved bonnet!

[/quote]
that's what had done it for me to having it approved means not having to worry about mr.plod or insurance concerns, I hope to have the prototype bonnet back on my car for HPF Ford dyno day on the 14th Nov, gives more people a chance to see it on a car.

• 2 weeks later...
The Prototype bonnet is back on my car can be seen at HPF Ford dyno day tomorrow 14th.
The paint presentation isn’t to good, after the bonnet was used to make the mould it did kill the paint work.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 4m 22d
[quote name='EGOXRT' date='23 October 2009 - 09:10 PM' timestamp='1256296204' post='946390']
This is just my own opinion
That scoop is too far forward, I would have bought one instantly if it looked more like
the one Simon from Xtreme did, looks much more in propotion.
Can they re jig that plug if you get enough demand to change it?

[img]http://www.xtremefordtuning.com/images/F6Bonnet/P1010057.JPG[/img]
[/quote]
I could of sworn that was an FG :blink:

I think it looks great and if you can boost the numbers then it would be a bargain upgrade to the look of your car.

I don't see why more people haven't jumped on this, there ain't many options out there...