Data Logging

plasmid2

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 14d

You need to log MAP (MANIFOLD_ABPRES) and BAP (BARO_PRESSURE) then do a calculation =(MAP-BAP)/2.04 to convert to PSI.

For general tuning I log the following:

RPM

Load

MAP

BAP

Spark advance

Knock Sensor

Throttle Position

Air temp

Coolant temp

• Member For: 15y 8m 27d

thanks heaps - I am assuming you have to do the calculation in excel by importing the .csv file.

for some reason, the 4 variables below don't show up in the x3 when I am setting up the log file:

MAP

BAP

Spark advance

Knock Sensor

I admit I haven't had any luck with updating the pids using livelink while connected to the car, I have just been using the x3 while plugged into the car and then later importing the log file into livelink

I always log directly to the laptop with livelink...well live!! and as you mentioned I export in csv and then analyse everything in excel afterwards anyway.

Attached is an example output of a quick 3rd gear run.

Edit: boosts comes on late because I haven't stompted on it hard, I see max boost at exactly 3000rpm on the street.

post-6920-126337405234_thumb.jpg

Edited by IH8TOADS

• 2 years later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 9m 12d

Is anyone able to throw up a lost of PIDS to log, similar to above, but with what they're actually labelled and which section they're under in livelink.

just messing around at the moment trying to see what useful info I can get, but theres that many PIDS labelled very similar or the same, and some don't seem to do anything (645 PIDS in total)

Also what units are the numbers in that its logging for pressures, temps, throttle position etc?

Pressure is inHG, temp is degrees F and throttle position is in AD counts. The relative throttle position corresponds to some of the AdvantageIII y axis tune tables.

• 5 months later...
  • Member For: 14y 3m 2d

Great stuff IH8TOADS, I am feeling confident that this will be fairly easy (datalogging). I am now in the process of acquiring a genetic tune. Now one of my requirements was that I was able to change parameters, and it was confirmed that I could do this. My question is what parameters can I change, and what parameters should I ensure are available. Cheers