What Causes My Car To Drops Revs

freeze_dk

• Member For: 17y 3m 3d

I have a similar problem as described above. Mine does the dipping of the revs, feels like she's gunna stall then back up.

But its worst when im going along and slam the clutch (5 spd manual 04 BA) in while braking .....it then like almost totally conks out :-( might look at cleaning the throttle body to.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 15y 4m 28d

hey guys I had also had a problem with the revs droping, cleaned out the throtle body and it was back to normal again, that was about 8 months ago and ive never had it happen ever again, it seems this doesnt work for some ppl but I think if you havnt tried its deffinatly worth a try

• Member For: 15y 8m 25d

yeah my revs drop as well in a T56 manual...

kinda gay and embarrassing cause seems like u cant drive manual car lol (even when not moving)

stalls once or twice a month if I dont rev her back up!

but soon as the A/C is on it goes away and smooth sailing all day

so yeah weird

probably clean out my throttle body and see if that works

• Member For: 15y 3m 29d

Hey mate

Ive got a 03 ba turbo 5 sp man and have exactly the same problem.

havent had it stale at all yet and its very on and off so I havent worried about it

getting a service soon so ill purposly ask them to have a look.

anyway good luck with it

• I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 11m 30d

it stalled for the 1st time saturday night.. was at a set of lights and just turned off.. my mate was laughing at me thinking I stalled till I said I wasnt even in gear.. weird.. mines due for a service also but

• Member For: 16y 6m 3d

Had mine serviced at ultratune today and got a throttle body clean and for now prob fixed. Got it done at ford cost me $120 and it didnt fix the prob, they didnt clean it good enough or maybe didnt do it at all. Cost me $25 at ultratune, cant believe the price difference.

• 2 months later...
  • Member For: 15y 1m 20d

Same issue here guys I will try cleaning my throttle body out tonight.

The problem was not really there when I had the 10psi generic capa tune running on the car.... But as soon as I loaded up the stock tune it had this fluctuating rev problem... especially when the lights are turned on or the voltage is dropped slightly....

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 19d

If its an issue with a throttle body (flow), it could also be a dirty/aftermarket air filter..

I must say that my FG does the same thing and my manual EA did to. the EA used to stall all the time when I jumped on the clutch, and the FG dips right down but never stalls... always has I think for the FG its the fuel injector cut that happens when slowing down in gear.. takes a while to notice the clutch I think..

• Member For: 19y 10m 20d

Guys I have had the same problem on and off for some time. Have a BA XR6T 5 spd manual with 10psi edit. It only happens at idle. Tune was done by C & V who have recommended a new throttle body. It would have to be an electrical issue surely? Is generally worse when lights/aircon etc is on. Would this be a regulator issue?

• 2 months later...
  • I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 11m 30d

old topic but just updating abit.. had my car serviced a while back,, did plugs and cleaned throttle body and the rev drop problem has gone.. when the car is cold its really responsive on throttle and throws me back in my seat if I plant it,, but once it warms up it feels laggier and doesnt move anymore