Boost Readings

Daneo 330

• Member For: 15y 3m 14d

Hey guys this is probably a fairly talked about thing but I was wondering if anyone could explain to me, I just installed boost and oil pressure gauges in the dash cluster and took her out for a strap, My boost gauge is connected into the BOV line and only reads 11psi and about -10 - -15 Vac, when I put my car on the dyno a few months ago it said that my Manifold pressure was reading 15psi @299rwkw... is my boost gauge not reading right orrr is there an explanation for this????

• It's not a MKI!
  • Member For: 16y 3m 12d

The gauge could be reading slightly lower or the dyno could be reading slightly higher.

The manifold pressure under vacuum is about right depending on the scale.

• Member For: 15y 3m 14d

havnet reallly had the chance to have a good drive of it as I just put in the gauges prior to commencing changing out the bush's for the diff (worst possibly design from ford) which turned out to take longer then expected so will have to wait until tomorrow night when I get it back on the road and take it for a thrash, my gauges are electronic so my hose comes out of the BOV line (t piece) and through a little filter then into this electric solenoid thing so I was thinking maybe its due to the filter I am getting a faulty reading??? and Yes the car does need a new tune once I decide what size exhaust to put on it so that might help a little !!