• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m

Bugger, bugger, bugger!!!

1st run - My tyre pressure gauge was buggered and coulnt find a pump. Had only 14psi in the tyres. Burnout - Wheels spun way too easily. Tried to stall up with the handbrake. Managed 12.7... my worst effort EVER!

2nd run - Managed to borrow a foot pump and pumped up the tyres to 17psi. Stalled up with the foot brake, launched with too much wheel spin & pulled 12.3. Did manage my highest top speed ever though - 121mph

3rd run - Engine light kept coming on. Did the burnout, had massive axle tramp, then major vibration like the car was going to stall. Reversed back and decided not to run.

Overall, my night sucked. My eBay helmet with AS/NZ1698 didn't meet their regulations, so I had to buy a helmet there. Pulled my back somehow. And car buggered up.

Should've just stayed at home.

• Member For: 16y 1m 14d

Id recommend MCAS.com.au for cheap helmets. The one I got has the new standard on it and cost me about 60 bucks (I think it needs to be AS/NZS1698 now) or if you have a better full face helmet it may be ok with other standards like SNELL which are still accepted.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m

This new helmet issue is a big thing for me, kinda buggerin me around trying to find the right one, how much was it there and where did they sell it?

The helmets need to meet the new standard and have the silver/red sticker with the Australian standard ticks.

There was a guy with a van there selling them. I got an open face one for $70. The had the full face ones for $100. But I find it easier to get the open face one on as I've got a massive head. Plus it lets me breathe easy.