Wsid 30Th Sept

John_K

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 9m 11d

Very good effort by Dario last night in ZF BF F6, a new Tunehouse customer.

His first time to the track, 11.0 and 130mph

PW IC & plenum, Tunehouse exhaust & tune.

Very good considering ZF is flaring. So close to a 10!

Brian

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 16y 1m 17d

Bugger, bugger, bugger!!!

1st run - My tyre pressure gauge was buggered and coulnt find a pump. Had only 14psi in the tyres. Burnout - Wheels spun way too easily. Tried to stall up with the handbrake. Managed 12.7... my worst effort EVER!

2nd run - Managed to borrow a foot pump and pumped up the tyres to 17psi. Stalled up with the foot brake, launched with too much wheel spin & pulled 12.3. Did manage my highest top speed ever though - 121mph

3rd run - Engine light kept coming on. Did the burnout, had massive axle tramp, then major vibration like the car was going to stall. Reversed back and decided not to run.

Overall, my night sucked. My eBay helmet with AS/NZ1698 didn't meet their regulations, so I had to buy a helmet there. Pulled my back somehow. And car buggered up.

Should've just stayed at home.

hey mate why did they knock your helmet back if it had a as/nz1698 that's what they require was it a new helmet

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 2d

Was a good night.

I had a 370rwkw CV tune before I went and managed a best of 12.6 at 120mph.

I had a 3.45 diff in after trashing the 4.1 and I couldn't get a handle on the launches.

IceMyButt got kicked out, dunno if he was happy with the time but it was a bit of a handful down the track. I thought he would've backed off and had another run. It was a PB AFAIK

Met a few forum members too, even one from Victoria. A bit envious of the WSID facilities hey Adam?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m

hey mate why did they knock your helmet back if it had a as/nz1698 that's what they require was it a new helmet

Because it wasn't a "proper" sticker.

They said it must have the Australian Standards Ticks on it.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m

Was a good night.

I had a 3.45 diff in after trashing the 4.1 and I couldn't get a handle on the launches.

IceMyButt got kicked out, dunno if he was happy with the time but it was a bit of a handful down the track. I thought he would've backed off and had another run. It was a PB AFAIK

Met a few forum members too, even one from Victoria. A bit envious of

the WSID facilities hey Adam?

Glad you had a good night last night mate and good to see you there.

IceMybutt was lined up next to me for the only run it did last night.

I took off and got halfway down the track by the time he launched off the line.

I managed 12.3 @121mph on that run while he pulled 10.2 @139mph

As we were coming down the return road, he got pulled up... guess he was asked to leave

• Member For: 16y 1m 17d

Because it wasn't a "proper" sticker.

They said it must have the Australian Standards Ticks on it.

yer they must be getting harder ive been there and they have just said you need it next time other guys say its ok so they have finaly cracked down on it (I didnt take the chance and purchased a new helmet with as/nz standards etc)

• Member For: 16y 1m 14d

They are really cracking down on it compared to a few months back. The standard is AS/NZS1698 if it doesnt have the S after NZ then it doesnt meet the new standards and you will get knocked back if it doesnt meet SNELL or one of the other standards accepted. Generally that's more for the expensive full faced bike helmets made before the standard changed.

• Member For: 16y 1m 14d

Was a good night.

Met a few forum members too, even one from Victoria. A bit envious of the WSID facilities hey Adam?

Can't be too dissapointed with getting booted for a 10.2!

• Link
  • Member For: 20y 4m 3d

Nice to meet some of you guys out there last night. The track was pretty average after the 3 week break from FUCHS nationals and the dust storm. We launched on a soft 6 pounds and when the boost really kicked in it just spun 1st though 3rd. We could have pushed to squeeze in another run but figured without some track prep the car was just going to do the same thing again, probably worse with a harder launch. So we packed it up and the car goes off the get the cage and chute at the end of next week. We should be back racing in the next 3-4 weeks after the car gets through the ANDRA tech inspection.

New PB was good - 10.2 @ 139mph

I have attached a couple of pics in case your interested.

Phil

post-4360-125437097499_thumb.jpg

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 16d

fark Phil , looks like a bit of work done under the bonnet since I saw your beast lastshocked.gif

Congrats on the PB , nines are a formality by the sounds of things3gears.gif