Is It Just Me?

Big Dazza

• Member For: 15y 27d

Are you talking standard?

standard;

It's .. 'quick' .. but I only enjoyed it giving its ALL in that state.

at half throttle theres not much point.

however depnding on how your car is tuned, they can be set at 95% throttle position when your foot is halfway down. certainly gives a different feeling for a different style of driving.

(I might have misread your post)

Edited by Shark

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 28d

Just to add does any one find that the turbo is fast off the mark if you use half throttle or is it just me?

9 out of 10 time you will beat everthing at the lights just on half throttle. Its good to know you got twice as much to give if some di*khead wants to have a go. :beerchug:

• Member For: 15y 3m 14d

I feel that the car can be slower at full throttle then half the car has no mods, depending on the day the car can change.

It is fast but sometimes I think no boost. I get to the next set and got boost I might be me or the weather. :nyaah:

• Member For: 15y 8m 19d

I think the half throttle thing is that you can ride that torque wave out longer so you feel it building a bit more smoothly then when you just boot it maybe, but to me it definitly feels faster flat to the floor :) nah farked if I know what you are talking about full throttle all the way

• Member For: 17y 5m 16d

Just to add does any one find that the turbo is fast off the mark if you use half throttle or is it just me?

absolutley even at half throttle u leave every 1 at the lights for dead when u fully boot it they must think oh what a hoon haha :P I just like hearing my turbo it sounds mad :D

• Member For: 15y 1m 15d

Had mine FG T Manual for a month or so now and on occasions does seem a little dull. Certainly doesn't feel as quick as I remember the first test drive being. Nearly lost if coming out of the dealer, the rear snapped out in first and completely caught me by surprise. Seemed intense for the first week. now seems fast when you're really up it. Took it for drive through some twisty stuff on the weekend and have a new found respect for it. It is a blast to drive, keep it in second or third and on boost and it is very quick and handles way better than than the R8 clubsport it replaced. Overall great family car that the wife can drive during the week but still provides entertainment on the weekends. In stock trim they are a great compromise if you can only have one car. I am now thinking of looking for a worked of its nut BA for fun only, no family duties.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 3m 10d

I had to know!!! Had it dynoed this morning at 211 RWKW (stock), which I suppose is par for the course. At least I know its me now, and nothing with the car.

I hope to spec it up when the warranty expires. Only looking for 250 rwkw, at least that is what one tuner recommends to retain full long-term reliability. I have talked to three few different tuners and they all have different methods and ideas, hard to decide on who to go with (Brisbane). CNJ dynoed the car and they seem pretty good, and heavily focussed on reliability.