Is It Just Me?

Big Dazza

• Member For: 21y 1m 10d

When stock, I was bored after booting through the gears the first time... barely any sound (and its not exactly an exciting sound if any!) and a boring linear power curve with lag.

I was the same with first mods - at 306rwkw it felt boring after my first hour with that power!

They are a very heavy car, and 500ish engine HP just isn't that much anymore. Its enough to pull the car strongly, but for my mind is certainly not thrilling.

I reckon mine felt nice with 363rwkw at first, but feels about right for the street with 395rwkw now. Most people I talk to say the 400 mark is a good power for the street and most occasions we get to drive enthusiastically..

In saying that, I could handle ALOT more - on big open roads in 4th, 5th and 6th it really doesnt feel excitingly fast at all. I know its pulling like a freight train, which I can see by the speedo needle flying around, but I just want it to go like it has a rocket stuck up its arse haha basically I think I NEED a nizpro stage 5 set up!

Venom

Edited by Venom XR Turbo

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 17y 5m 16d

they are quick im sure if u went up against other fairly fast cars u would still keep up its like anything after a while u get used to power sometimes in summer ive thought my car hasnt been that fast then a freezing night comes along and its a different story :D

• Member For: 16y 1m 13d

Torque steer????

:blink:

Actually its nothing like what some people would have you believe. I couldnt get stuck into it without holding the wheel but it's not a struggle to keep it straight. It's a great car but just doesnt have the effortless potential a modded T has. To get one into the 11s takes major work that I dont want to do.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 20d

I guess its all about expectations guys. I've had fords since the early 70's 6's and 8's including my favorite old XY 302 V8 (a panel van that no doubt sired a few offspring along the way). I've had my FG T 10 months now and am totally satisfied. The power delivery is just so smooth and effortless and for a thrill, just bang into performance mode and wind her out through 2nd and 3rd gears manually and the exhilaration is still there...just like on day one.

In all honesty, when giving this thing some curry, you've only get a few short seconds before you are doing ridiculous speeds as you fly past 160 kph ....on a public road and you gotta pull back. I've even had a bit of fun stomping a few ricer's off at the lights..... Perhaps its because I'm an older guy but I reckon you just gotta appreciate these things for what they are ...a magnificent (probably the best ever) Australian performance touring car.

• Member For: 15y 27d

The more power you get, the more you want.

I have found my body has gotten used to my t. When I hop in my girlfriends getz, I put my foot down and lean forward to brace my body for the boost, but then I relize its a getz. :roflmbo:

My boost kicks in realllyy hard, so that makes it fun I guess:P

LOL .. I was the same.

Went from my old mans xr6t on my Ls to an e30 bmw on my Ps..

it just wasn't the same =P