Should I Have More Power?

anthb86

• Member For: 15y 8m 8d

I had my first round of mods completed last week on the bf xr6t. They include 60lb injectors, hi flo cat, hdi cooler, upgraded actuator and wastegate port, f6 snorkel, k&n filter and custom tune. Considering these mods, as compared with other cars with the same mods, I thought I was thinking I'd get 310-320rwkw. I was a bit dirty when the car came off the dyno at 297rwkw.

In your opinion, should the car be making more kw? I know what I need for more power, but would a tune from another shop or a different dyno make a difference?

Cheers.

post-33634-125376135187_thumb.jpg

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 24d

Firstly, its not always about the peakpower figure!

Your tune is probably a nice safe reliable one that has a strong mid-range. Dos it feel quick on the street?

Yes you could possibly get a higher power igure on another dyno or with a different tune, but that other tune may be leaning on the motor harder. Also, have you upgraded the fuel pump? The stock one could be at its limit feeding 60lb injectors

• Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member For: 17y 5m 4d

If it worries you that much take it to the track and see what sort of mph it pulls over the 1/4 that will give you a better idea of what the power is like .

15kw is an easy loss or gain between dyno's

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 3m 18d

If it worries you that much take it to the track and see what sort of mph it pulls over the 1/4 that will give you a better idea of what the power is like .

15kw is an easy loss or gain between dyno's

:beerchug:

I've had a differenct of 60kw, turns out the second guy I had the car on the dyno with was a tool. If you trust yout tuner, there shouldn't be a prob. What kind of torque figures are you getting? I'm pushin 330rwkw on a mildish tune for my mods, but I'm up to almost 1100nm of torque.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 10d

Mate ive got all your mods PLUS full exhaust, fuel pump and valve springs, and made 267rwkw and 13psi on the dyno.

Mine has a REALLY strong midrange and eats other cars with 270 - 320 all the time.

Dont be so worried with numbers.

Edited by berzerker

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 4m 12d

that's it, take it to another dyno and it may pull 320, might pull 280 too... dynos are for tuning so dont get too stressed about it.

Also, not all motors and turbos will make the same peak power due to wear and age ect.

Take it to the track for the best comparison with other cars