Carpet In Tub?

kevo

• Member For: 16y 9m 4d

Hey guys,

Has anyone ever put marine carpet in the back of thier utes?

I think I will now after seeing a mates VE with carpet in the back and it stops everything sliding around, as im always loading the back up with bike and gear and pit tent n sh*t for racing,

Im thinking marine carpet should be fine???

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 30d

I been thinking about doing the same, but have not goon to look at anything yet that could be used. Next time I am out I'll have to check clark rubber and burnings to see if they have anything that can be used.

I was also thinking that rubber would be good, maybe something about 5mm thick so it wont lift and slide.

How did your mate fix the marine carpet so that it does not move around? Does the marine carper have a rubber base?

• Member For: 17y 7m 24d

A nice shagpile would look the shnitztits :buttrock:

There is a guy selling a precut marine carpet for the FG on ebay. $90 plus deliv ery. I couldn't be assed buying carpet and cutting it out to match the tray so went with it. All good. Comes with screws for front and you reuse the ones across the back.

Doesn't flap, cleans easy etc.

• Member For: 17y 7m 24d

Well it isn't magic. It certainly helps as much as any product will. I don't have tool boxes etc in there so am probably not the right person to ask. The golf bag will still roll if I am being silly! But normal driving I have had boxes etc not shift. Give anything that isn't screwed to the floor enough G forces and it will slide I reckon!!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 17d

I used rubber backed carpet from bunnings, dont think it is marine carpet though and didn't matter for me as I had a hard lid on the ute. Came in either 1.8 or 2mt width so I just trimmed it to suit the wheel arches etc and didn't slide around, neither did any of the shopping or spare tyre and travel bags etc.

Works great and looks good also.

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 30d

Thanks for the info bjc. I'll have a look to see what the local Binning has on offer :beerchug:

Also have to make a divider to section of the rear near the tailgate.

• Member For: 16y 9m 4d

cheers hdj80 ill have a look on ebay for that stuff,

otherwise I was going to get my friend to bet me some from a certain boat shop in Balcatta, perth, and trim it around the wheel arches,

Cheers guys , ill let you know how I go and throw up some pics if I get onto something good,

Oh does the FG have the same tray as BA BF?

• Member For: 15y 3m 2d

Some of the guys at work use big entry mats with the rubber backing which they love, but others use the thick 10mm rubber mat with holes which does an amazing job at stopping things sliding.

I was thinking about a rubber mat but the adjustable dividers are working well for me.