Who Has Fitted A Fpv Steering Wheel

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 9d

Just lastnight brought on of trademe for $375nzd and was now wondering how much of a mission it is to fit... I assume theres screws behind it and pretty much just keep taking stuff off until my old wheel comes off..?

Any advise/tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks Ben

• Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 7m 23d

Yes mate you will need a torx bit to remove the wheel. please make sure you disconnect the battery and turn on your headlights to discharge any remaining current otherwise you may wear an unwanted airbag to the face.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3m 27d

Yes mate you will need a torx bit to remove the wheel. please make sure you disconnect the battery and turn on your headlights to discharge any remaining current otherwise you may wear an unwanted airbag to the face.

sounds fun

• Member For: 15y 2m 1d

What size torx bit do I need ? and does the shroud around the steering column need to come off as I cant see/feel and screws behind the wheel ?

• Member For: 16y 7m 22d

T30 TORX BIT. Turn the steering wheel 90degrees and you will see one screw,then turn 90degrees the other way and you will see the other screw. Pull the airbag off and unplug cruise and radio switches and airbag. Loosen off t50 torx bit then wiggle steering wheel off before completly taking t50 bolt out.Hope this helps.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m

no mate it dose not need t come off.. only thing you touch is the wheel.. there are 2 screws on the back side of the wheel on either side and they are T30 size bit and the main one for the steering colum when you get the air bag off that is a T50 size bit mate..

I changed mine over a few weeks ago :beerchug:

• Member For: 15y 2m 1d

I was going to fit a brand new FPV steering wheel this weekend but ended up selling my ute today. if anybody is interested in please email me at pendlebury@hotmail.com $400 plus about $15.00 postage. its brand new as I said.

Cheers