Removing Icc

vulpes

• Member For: 15y 2m 1d

Hi, I am replacing my standard radio with the premium sound system. Apparantly its just a plug in deal

? Can you give me any tips on removing the centre unit that holds the radio in. where do I start ? the screws seem fairly well hidden ?

Thanks heaps

Darryl

• Señor Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 13d

someones done a great write up on how to remove it man. try the searching "icc removal", its got pics 'n everything.

to start you off though pull the gear shifter surround off and go from there.

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 8d

AFAIK you cannot just unplug the ICC and plug in a different one. You will need to get Ford to program the BEM to accept the new ICC as they are coded to the ECU.

I also do not think you can just upgrade to a higher spec unit as the wiring is different.

I could be wrong as I have not upgraded personally, but I seem to remember reading several threads on it.

thanks for the response guys. I read the post regarding the install and it will work without any re-coding. The unit has had a reset by ford so apparently its just plug in, it matches to my car and away it goes. Will be interesting to see how it works.

• Member For: 15y 27d

hey darryl,

cheers for post on our exchange, unfortunately is was locked so I could not do a write up, as we are both happy and yr help was greatly appreciated I look forward to helping eachother out as time goes on.

how much did you pick up the premium sound? was looking into it today but was faced with question you have asked if I go ahead with it.

cheers

jason

Hey Jason, Sorry mate. Just checked in and got your message. I paid $850 for it through ebay. I will let you know how the install goes. I would really like to wire it up to play my ipod movies but maybe that's hoping for too much ? Still I did read you could adapt RCA plugs to one but it sounds way out of my technical depth. Whats the go with these RGB converters how do they work ( this is a general question Jason not aimed at you......unless you know )

Anyway Jason thanks for the black lines, I had a chuckle when I saw them. Pretty good length mate !!

Cheers.

• Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member For: 17y 4m 25d

zap mate I have a lot of respect for what you do here but do some reading on the site before giving advice , plenty of us have changed and upgraded icc's without having to get ford to reset it just read azid rush's sticky in the audio thread solves all your problems.