Chasing 1000Hp

tray_182005

• Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member For: 17y 4m 19d

close my quick calcs make that race tune 1034 hp at the flywheel , and 768 hp at the fly with street tune , pretty impressive

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 7m 29d

sorry if I missed but did u use bigger cams, any headwork ? is there any option for solid lifters in these ?

I think if the head was heavily ported it would make a huge difference with that kind of boost.

cheers

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 29d

Interesting you say that as this is the path we are going down with my build. A fair bit of porting, primarily on the exhaust side. There is no solid lifter that I know of but we will be trialling some solids that we've had made up. This means when we specify the cam profile, we can open the valves in a lot less degrees of rotation because we can be confident we wont get bleed due to the non-existence of hydraulic lifters. Hope it all works as expected. Fingers crossed!

This car looks awesome.

• Member For: 15y 1m 9d

sorry if I missed but did u use bigger cams, any headwork ? is there any option for solid lifters in these ?

I think if the head was heavily ported it would make a huge difference with that kind of boost.

cheers

Nah mate stock cam and lifters not real sure about how much porting if any . What did u think it would make with 30 ? not many on here have that much power with this psi

• Member For: 15y 1m 9d

Interesting you say that as this is the path we are going down with my build. A fair bit of porting, primarily on the exhaust side. There is no solid lifter that I know of but we will be trialling some solids that we've had made up. This means when we specify the cam profile, we can open the valves in a lot less degrees of rotation because we can be confident we wont get bleed due to the non-existence of hydraulic lifters. Hope it all works as expected. Fingers crossed!

This car looks awesome.

Straughsberry u r going insane with this build I cant wait to see yours done :beerchug: