Capa Flash Tuner And Turbo Boost Protection

macca2042

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 1m 1d

hi, I am wondering if you can over ride the boost protection stuff on the turbo's without a custom tune? I have the understanding that the turbo computer shuts off excess power increases if it notices anything different.. I also saw it on the dyno last week. but I want to know if it can be over ridden without forking out heaps on a tune. I wanna muck around with a cold air intake, exhaust and intercooler mods before I get a tune if possible.

thanks guys

• Member For: 15y 7m 23d

if it were possible id assume ud only be able to get a couple of psi higher before some sort of boost cut kicked in, best off leaveing it till you can afford it, these cars seam to be hitt and miss when you start playing with them, unlike an older turbo car like my rex I put a massive fmic, big exhaust and pumped 16psi thru it with no tuneing, didnt get it on the dyno for a year AFR's were fine, xr6t's are alot more advanced and more computer controlled

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 1m 1d

I dont plan on screwin up boost as such, just mainly to view what different mods achieve instead of gettin it all done at once if you get what I mean

• Member For: 16y 9m 16d

Unfortunetly these arent as simple as the older style cars. Everything is controlled via the PCM. To be honest it will work out cheaper to get it tuned properly the first time, than playing around with stuff and then having to fix it.