She Just Went Bang!

Chich

• Damn You's A Sexy Chich
  • Member For: 16y 7m 4d

So... after a really sh*tty day at work, and looking forward to getting home for a hot shower and to sit back and relax, I notice a weird humming sound coming from what seemed to be the diff.

However this weird sound was only happening in second while on throttle, so I give it a bit of throttle and back off give it a little, back off, trying to figure out where exactly it was coming from.

anyway, long story short, I get 2 streets away from home give it WOT in second pretty much just to see if this noise got worse, and then the Bang happened... I heard the pieces of god knows what in the box hit the bottom, and had to limp it the rest of the way home using only 1st and 3rd.

Then once I got home, I tried driving it back and fourth just in the driveway, and in reverse and 1st it was lockin up the wheels while rolling (clutch in or out) and wouldnt really go nowhere in a hurry.

Limped it down to the shed, and chucked it up on the hoist, and with no visible signs of damage I believe its time for a new box... :wub:

Also noticed that turning one of the rear wheels by hand resulted in both wheels turning in the same direction... not normal for an lsd, or am I missing something...??

• iTs alL DaRDy........
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 15d

chich man sucks but uve prob had good life from it hey! id say mine will be fuked soon

did I read right u have a hoist in your shed? that's farken sex

• Member For: 15y 30d

god damn - you got a hoist in your shed.... sh*t man, how much did that set u back?

Also, yeah I did the same in my BA a while back but I lost 3rd and 4th (4sp auto) I got mine rebuilt which took 2 and half weeks and 5K later.

then crashed the car 2 days when I got it back lol.

I got sh*tloads of parts I need to piss off.

im gonna post up something soon on the parts page.

good luck with your gearbox though man.

• Talks Cheap, Let's Race
  • Member For: 17y 10m 5d

With a LSD when you turn one wheel the other one will turn in the same direction, with a normal diff it will spin in the other direction.

• Member For: 16y 8m 4d

T56 ftw! My cousin is running a T5 with 428 rwks but apparently it has been "upgraded to race spec" whatever that is. So they can handle a bit of power if they need to.

haha, yeah I have a hoist in my shed. pretty much a decked out "panel shop" in the backyard... only for use on my own car(s) though not a business or nothin.. but yeah, not impressed. T56 would be my first choice if I wasnt planning on upgrading the car early next year, so I might just whack in another t5 and be gentle till I get around to gettin a new car :freak: however if someone has a t56 they are willing to sell cheap I may consider it.

And for xr6turbz I think all up it was around $2.5k by the time it was bought, delivered and installed. I bought it 2nd hand from an exhaust shop, but for just messing around in the shed, its perfect.

Oh and just for the record, the box did outlast my expectations... :w00t2:

well, new box is ready to be picked up now, wont have time to put it in on the weekend, but hopefully it should be back up and running next week some time... :buttrock: