Xr6t Muffler Replaced With Hd

XR6T_Uterus

• Member For: 15y 2m 17d

G'day everyone, Iv'e read a lot of things on here bout people wanting to know about removing the centre muffler on the FG's. Well I have a Xr6t Ute and just had the centre muffler removed and a 3" resonator was put in place towards the front after the mandrel bends followed with a 3" collector cone to dual 2" 1/4' outlets where the old flanges bolted on. It sounded real quiet when we first started up but after a long drive home she gained a more distinct burble at idle, and a nice throaty sound when given a bit. I haven't experienced any drone at all with the resonator. There was no noticeable gain of power but there was at least a litre/100k improvement on my fuel ec. in 300kms. Will post some pics later for anyone who wants to see em, and should be putting a video on youtube soon.

Hey mate some pics and vid would be nice as I want to do this one day

Heres the vid on you tube

And some pics for ya

Sorry bout the sound quality, was shot off my N95, ill try and get a better vid up in a few weeks once I get it in the garage.

post-36699-12515946944_thumb.jpg

Not sure about mercury, couldnt find much on the net bout em but im happy with the product

post-36699-125159475549_thumb.jpg

Had to run it from the 3" into collector cone to dual 2 1/4 out due to the utes exhaust setup bein a lil different from the sedan

post-36699-125159488289_thumb.jpg

U would usually be able to see the muffler here.

post-36699-125159495161_thumb.jpg

The existing flanges were cut off and welded straight on to the new pipes, not what I wanted but seeing as I wont be doing any more work to the car for a while its not really a problem.

All up it cost me $250, if uv'e just got the sedan then it will most likely only set u back $150 (due to the fact you wont need the collector cone) depending on your location, as im out in the sticks the cost of things goes up a bit to.

you have convinced me. I think that sounds really good, im going to get it done to mine. does it drone at all on the highway? auto or manual? cheers.

Its the manual, not a fan of autos, feel less in touch with the vehicle. Nah, no drone at all kjc. The resonator is designed to take care of any drone and does a great job, especially on the highway. Even without the resonator I believe there would be little if any drone because the turbo silences most of the sound in the exhaust. Not sure if your aware of what causes drone, but from my understanding its from having too big exhaust for the application at hand... just from a forum on here somewhere. The standard setup is pretty much perfect for the stock car, minus the sound, or lack of.