Fpv Has Today Celebrated Its First Anniversary

Guest esky

Guest esky
  • Guests
Ford Performance Vehicles has today celebrated its first anniversary.

And it has been overwhelmed by the response and success it has achieved in such a short period of time.

The popularity of the GT, GT-P and Pursuit Ute has been outstanding, with demand still outstripping supply following record sales since deliveries commenced in March.

FPV has produced more than 1000 vehicles since it started production earlier this year, has built almost 5000 Boss V8 engines for the FPV models and XR8 Falcon and has played a crucial role in the development and production of the phenomenally successful Ford Falcon XR6 Turbo.

While FPV stopped to celebrate another milestone, it is not about to rest on its laurels.

“We’ve certainly had a very successful 12-month period, and it has been extremely rewarding for everyone involved in our business,” David Flint, Managing Director of FPV, says.

“But this is only the beginning of our attack on the performance car market in Australia.

“I expect that this is the first of many birthday celebrations for FPV. We have arrived and we are here to stay!”

WHAT’S HAPPENED IN THE FIRST YEAR

September 5, 2002: Ford Performance Vehicles is launched to the public, with confirmation that it will resume production in 2003 of the GT as a full-time model for the first time since the XB Falcon in 1976.

October 14, 2002: The first Boss 290 V8 engine is built on the new assembly line at Campbellfield. The Boss 290 is the most powerful production engine, and the only V8, to be built in Australia.

October 16, 2002: FPV unveils the GT Concept at the Sydney Motor Show.

November 11, 2002: New FPV logo and signage erected at Campbellfield facility

January 29, 2003: Ford Performance Racing is announced, with Craig Lowndes, Glenn Seton and David Besnard as its drivers.

March 2, 2003: FPV conducts its first open day to the public, with record attendance figures resulting in more than $11,000 raised for Guide Dogs Victoria.

March 20, 2003: First FPV GT shipped from Campbellfield.

August 13, 2003: Ford Motor Company of Australia and Prodrive Automotive Technology extend the joint venture agreement to manage Ford Performance Vehicles until 2008, following the successful release of the FPV range.

August 21, 2003: FPV builds its 1000th car, a blood orange GT-P. This particular milestone highlights the popularity of the range in the marketplace.

post-5-1063145940.jpg

• Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 9m 24d

And happy B'day to one year with those tosser letters FPV ( still hate it and - HSV wannabe that's what it sounds like to me - :sick::sick::sick: )

my opinion :thumbsup::oooh:

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 22y 9d
And happy B'day to one year with those tosser letters FPV ( still hate it and - HSV wannabe thats what it sounds like to me - :o :o :sick: )

my opinion :innocent::pinch:

I like em! :thumbsup:

• Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 9m 24d
And happy B'day to one year with those tosser letters FPV ( still hate it and - HSV wannabe that's what it sounds like to me -  :o  :o  :sick: )

my opinion  :innocent:  :pinch:

I like em! :thumbsup:

Yeah, I guess its easier for U to spell. :lol:

• Member For: 21y 5m 25d
And happy B'day to one year with those tosser letters FPV ( still hate it and - HSV wannabe that's what it sounds like to me - :nod::nod::sick: )

my opinion :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Expensive Daewoo copied the use of Special Vehicles from Ford Special Vehicles that built the factory race GT-HO's in the 60's and 70's. As for FPV it's a lot better than FTE.