Ex: Fg Run Out Pricing?

kaniSS

• Member For: 15y 4m 23d

What's to stop you from trying to sell it on for the usual price of like low $40k mark? That's a bloody awesome price though!

Is this a deal that ends (the staff discount) or is it on all the time?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 16y 4m 8d

It's easy, especially if you aren't the Ford employee but entitled.

If they ask you if your entitled to staff discount straight up(likely), say NO. Bargain away. Then come back in playing dumb by

saying you weren't actually aware of the discount till now. That's it. If they give you grief about the price, don't take it. The

dealer is reimbursed for the total staff discount portion so to them it is no different anyway!!

This is why they love selling to staff... they seriously make more from staff sales than your average Joe off the street.

Just be hard nosed with them. Falcons are not selling well at the moment(nothing is), so you're in the box seat.

What would actually make you entitiled for a 'staff' discount, if you are not an employee ? Is having a mate work at Ford enough or a family member ? To me staff means you are an employee.

• Member For: 15y 1m 8d

What would actually make you entitiled for a 'staff' discount, if you are not an employee ? Is having a mate work at Ford enough or a family member ? To me staff means you are an employee.

Id like to know this as well..also if anyone is willing to befriend me for a purchase in 1 months time? heheehh

• Member For: 15y 3m 15d

HI,

To be eligable for ford employee pricing, you need to be either an employee or a direct relative ie: parent of employee, Sibling of employee or child of employee. Ford occasionaly extend the scheme to include nephews and neices, however not too often.

Cheers.

• Member For: 15y 8d

Just in the market for a new XR6T manual sedan. I'm going for the Luxury and Technology packs. Any ideas on current pricing. I'm waiting on calls back later today. This one from Colin 55 looked pretty good.

"Hi all,

I joined up to this forum some time ago, but now I can speak as I have just put down an order on a xr6t

I'll list the car here for anyone that is interested and will post photos when she arrives.

2009 October build (I'm guessing) FG xr6t

6 speed manual

colour: mystic

options

Luxury Pack

Tech Pack

Safety Pack

Sat Nav

Dash/floor mats

Tint

paint protection.. (it has a life time guarantee...)

1 yr rego

Apparently it will take approx 6 weeks to get her delivered.

Cheers."

Mark

• Member For: 15y 4m 23d

HI,

To be eligable for ford employee pricing, you need to be either an employee or a direct relative ie: parent of employee, Sibling of employee or child of employee. Ford occasionaly extend the scheme to include nephews and neices, however not too often.

Cheers.

This is what I was wondering about. I wouldn't have thought that just anyone can walk into a Ford dealership and ask them for a staff discount on a new XR6T