Ex: Fg Run Out Pricing?

kaniSS

• It's not a MKI!
  • Member For: 16y 3m 14d
Were these(non-staff) prices you guys are quoting, existing builds/Demos/On the lot? Or were they ordered fresh? Surely not at that price(42k).

Correct. Non staff, phone call to the dealer and then negotiations from there.

I waited 2 months for mine to be built and delivered.

All my options were premium sound, tow pack, mudspats, dashmat, and pox dealer delivery.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 15y 1m 15d

Just Purchased a Demo with 1200k on the clock. FG XR6T Black, manual with Tech pack and premium sound for $42k on road with 12 Months Reg. July 09 Build. Shopped around a fair bit online and spoke to a fair few dealers, that was about the best price I could get.

Regards employee discounts, I don't know about Ford but I used to work for Expensive Daewoo and could get 33% off new cars and another $3k off because I had a Expensive Daewoo Mastercard. So if Ford are anything similar some of the prices mentioned above like $35k etc are well and truly possible.

• Member For: 15y 4m 21d
While we're on the topic of pricing, do sites like http://www.privatefleet.com.au/ actually get you a significant discount ?

Supposedly, they're large volume buyers who take your request, get a whole bunch of dealers to reverse auction it, and charge you a few hundred as an admin fee.

I asked these guys to tender (they do not quote as they are not a broker or dealer) on a G6ET around the beginning of June. The price they came back with was about $7k on road more than I ended up negotiating for myself in August.

It was June when silly things were happening, so I'll give them a little slack, but I personally found them pretty painful to deal with.

I get the impression that they might be more useful when dealing with high volume /lower price vehicles, as they then stick your one order in with an order of a thousand corollas.

• Member For: 15y 9m 2d

A note for any members able to get Ford staff discount. DO NOT let the salesman become aware you are entitled to it until you've bargained your price down.

Why? The dealer gets the discount amount refunded by the factory. They have an edge on you from the start if your price is down to the staff rate. They'll play

on it saying "your already getting it for xx much"... blah, blah. It is actually advantages for dealers to sell cars at staff rates... customers tend to bargain less, dealers

get almost full profits on many as the discount is good(22% for Falcon/Territory), as people don't bargain it down.

Bargain first, hit them with the staff discount 2nd.... watch the idiots squirm. :huh:

While we're on the topic of pricing, do sites like <a href="http://www.privatefleet.com.au/" target="_blank">http://www.privatefleet.com.au/</a> actually get you a significant discount ?

Supposedly, they're large volume buyers who take your request, get a whole bunch of dealers to reverse auction it, and charge you a few hundred as an admin fee.

Yeah, When I got my ute I think they were about $4000 more exspensive than I got personally. I dont think they believed me when I told them and they never got back to me after they said they will find someone to beat it.

When it comes down to it - it you have the $ k-toe $ you have alot more bargaining power. Than some guy sending a bunch of faxes to dealers asking for there best price (they dont even get fleet pricing anymore)

• Member For: 15y 4m 22d

I am thoroughly confused by this staff discount thing. So can I walk into a Ford dealership, start talking to them about an XR6T, and ask them their best price, when they say $45k, then I say, "Well how about a staff discount?". Is that how it goes? I can't imagine them saying, "Oh, ok, we'll just take $8,000 off the price." Won't they just say, "No."?

Not having a go at anyone, I'm just confused. It sounds bloody fantasitc, coz the staff discount price for an FG is around about what we wanna spend, especially coz we're going Manual. I just don't understand how it works is all.

• Member For: 15y 9m 2d

It's easy, especially if you aren't the Ford employee but entitled.

If they ask you if your entitled to staff discount straight up(likely), say NO. Bargain away. Then come back in playing dumb by

saying you weren't actually aware of the discount till now. That's it. If they give you grief about the price, don't take it. The

dealer is reimbursed for the total staff discount portion so to them it is no different anyway!!

This is why they love selling to staff... they seriously make more from staff sales than your average Joe off the street.

Just be hard nosed with them. Falcons are not selling well at the moment(nothing is), so you're in the box seat.

Edited by -MARTY54-