Fg Pod In Box Cai

• Member For: 15y 10m 28d

Today I finished my pod in box cold air induction

it was quite a hard job to get the angles right to fit the pod into the air box, but after alot of measuring and cuting it fitted nicely... and the end result, well as expected there is more induction raw now and a slight increase in turbo noise. but nery minute. but the standard filter from ford is a disgrace! very restrictive!!

as for power increse will have to wait and see as I have to get out of the city to give it a rap. but I would not expect to feel anything much at all. will have to give it a test on the way to caloundra tonight hehe

but am happy I have got rid of that crap standard filter. will post some pics up later on :)

something different to the k&n panel and xr8 lower air box mod.... but will get the xr8 box next week

Edited by Boosted1

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nah the pipe fitting in the air box was easy. just the angle and the size of the air filter made it very difficult to fit and close the air box. I used a very large pod filter not the small one.

after a weekend away with the filter in it seems to have made some small difference in responce and intake noise. quite happy with the result. nb on low rmp you can hear the turbo alot more now.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

umm.... I have got some pics of it.... was a while ago but for thoughs who want to know it made about 10rwkw differance to the standard panel filter. sounded a little bit louder but still quieter than I wanted :)

will get the pics up soon

good cheap mod and would work well with the xr8 lower snorkle

• 1 month later...