How Do I Turn The Alarm Off?

bullet1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 25d
ive had the same problem n have never been able 2 turn it off.

QUOTE (RAPHOON @ Aug 18 2009, 08:59 AM)

I believe that the alarm will not go off if you have your ignition switched to the "ON" position prior to disconnecting the terminal.

will this still work if u have a tracker alarm on the car? ive been told by fpv I cannot turn this off,my battery always goes dead because I never drive it,its a pain in the arse when NRMA come n the alarms going nuts while they change the battery. and help???

I don't know if this will work on an aftermarket alarm system. The installer/supplier should be able to provide you with the correct rpocedure.

• Member For: 16y 11m 26d

I had this issue on the weekend, and I got told to have ignition in ON, then disconnect +VE terminal on battery.

Alarm went off when I did it that way.

Left ignition in ON, with battery connected, and just unplugged the siren itself, and that worked.

Yet a mate with a Force6 tried the method that worked for me, and the alarm went off.

He'd also previously tried ignition ON then disconnect -VE on battery, which also set the alarm off.

I am utterly confused as to what the correct procedure is, but hopefully one works for you.

• Member For: 15y 6m 30d

I did what you said. I turned the ignition to on, then disconnected the negative terminal. The alarm didn't go off! When I reconnected the battery, I didn't have the key in the ignition at all. On reconnection, the alarm gave 1 chip which is the unlock confirmation tone in my case. Everything works as normal so a big thanks to all you guys that came through with the answer to my question.

Bullet1