How Do I Turn The Alarm Off?

bullet1

• Member For: 15y 6m 30d

Hi everyone,

I've got an 07' R Spec and every time I disconnect the battery the alarm goes off. Is there a sequence to turn it off? I read in the owners manual if you turn the key from Acc to On 10 times, it disables the alarm but it doesn't say how to re-enable it. There is no key to switch it off. I've unlocked the car then tried pressing the unlock button on the remote after disconnecting the battery while it's going off but no good. Does anyone know the trick?

Cheers,

Bullet1

• iTs alL DaRDy........
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 16d

the siren should have a small key that goes in it and turns it off. wont disable the alarm just turns siren off for changing batteries etc

• F6 Phoon ----- MISH!!
  • Member For: 17y 7m

Negative on the key I don't know anyone that has one an I've been to fpv before in search of one no part number best advice from senna was stick a cloth in it or turn car to first click so radio is on an disconnect apparently it doesn't go off

• Large Member
  • Member For: 16y 15d
I believe that the alarm will not go off if you have your ignition switched to the "ON" position prior to disconnecting the terminal.

correct.

• T.P.I.S.
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 9m 18d

Correct. Turn your key on until lights are on your dash, then disconnect the battery. Leave the key where it is until you reconnect the battery then turn the key off.

• Member For: 15y 6m 30d

Thanks a lot guys. I even rang FPV road side assist and they told me to disconnect the battery then push the unlock button on the remote. That didn't work. Having the key switched to "On" then disconnecting the battery makes sense. I'll try that an Saturday when I've got some time and come back with the results.

Thanks again for all your help,

Bullet1

• Member For: 17y 4m

ive had the same problem n have never been able 2 turn it off.

QUOTE (RAPHOON @ Aug 18 2009, 08:59 AM)

I believe that the alarm will not go off if you have your ignition switched to the "ON" position prior to disconnecting the terminal.

will this still work if u have a tracker alarm on the car? ive been told by fpv I cannot turn this off,my battery always goes dead because I never drive it,its a pain in the arse when NRMA come n the alarms going nuts while they change the battery. and help???

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 7m 4d

Rip out the POS alarm and get a real one!

:thumbsup:

Something with a key switch function at least!

:blush: