Just Had The 15,000 Kms Service Done. A Few Problems Fixed But Some No

thorxr6t

• Member For: 20y 5m 9d
I noticed on the weekend something leaking down onto the inner part of my rear right rim... is this a common problem with the diff?

What fixes this?

Minor or major problem?

My car's diff was not dropping any oil. It just looked fairly oily around the diff seam. So they just resealed and torqued it correctly. Just a minor problem IMO. But your problem sounds like brake fluid dropping onto your rim. I recommend getting a decent mechanic to check it asap.

The only bad thing about mine - the crappy Traxxion tyres still have another 10-15 kms left in them!

Oh good lord! You still have the Traxxion tyres on. I'm struggling big time to keep the rear OEM (dunlop sport) tyres from breaking loose! Especially on wet roads. I recommend yokohama shoes.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• I love gooold member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 22d

Don't worry, I'll be putting some REAL good rubber on. Don't know what yet, but I'll be sparing (virtually) no expense to do so.

Picked it up, clean bill of health. $185, now on the fully synthetic stuff.

I remember back when I had my VS Statesman I was quoted $400 on a major (150 or 160k, whatever the major one was), took it to this bloke and came in at a little over half. AND I feel better/more confident taking it to him than I do a dealer that's for sure! So I haven't gone back to a dealer since.

• 12" member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m

^^ ROFL same !!! ford wanted about $500 to my 45-50K service or whatever it was.. my usual mechanic does all my services for $140 and I supply the oil.. more of course if major items need replacing but that covers oil filter and replacing/re-oiling the K&N and all other fluids etc

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 4m 30d

Sunload/light sensor - for the headlights and climate control.

Paid $90 for my 15k service (excluding oil & filter...do that myself). Dunno what all the fuss is about??

• Member For: 20y 5m 9d
Couldnt be bothered stsrting a new thread.

Whats that bubble looking thing at the front of the dash in the middle?

I think that's the sun light load sensor. It's used to turn on/off various lights.

^^ ROFL same !!! ford wanted about $500 to my 45-50K service or whatever it was.. my usual mechanic does all my services for $140 and I supply the oil.. more of course if major items need replacing but that covers oil filter and replacing/re-oiling the K&N and all other fluids etc

The service advisor said the next service (30k kms) will be a "major" service. That's about $450. I should've quizzed him more on the major service details.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 4m 30d

Hope not. :spoton:

I change it more regularly than the service schedule and have been assured by the dealership as long as I use the genuine filter (which is cheaper than the others anyway), the right spec oil, and record everything then it’ll be fine.

Also have a free extended warranty if I continue getting it serviced at the same dealer and they are happy with it in this sense as well.