Suspension- To Replace Shock Or Not

alpha

• Member For: 17y 7m 18d

Hey guys I have BF Tornado with 30000km. I thinking about lowering the car a little just to get the even look. Just wanted to know do I really need to replace the shocks as well. I don't do any track work.. just daily driving.

For those who did replace springs but not shocks.. did you regret not replacing the shocks.

Cheers

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 15d

Depends on how far you wabnt to lower it, generally 1" is ok, but it will reduce the life of the shocks. There are shortened bodied shocks out there that will give you a better ride with lowered springs, this is the recommend way to do it

• Member For: 15y 6m 4d

I went new falkrum springs using the old shock and it was pretty sh*t so went back and got koni adjustables its great now but took ages to sort out all the axel tramp problems.

shop around I got springs and shocks fitted cheaper than some of the quotes I got to reset the old ones

Edited by baf6

• Member For: 18y 3m

Iv got my BF Turbo sitting on 19's, lowered with Pedders Springs and adjustable camber caster kit and Pedders Lowered Rears, I have retained the stock shocks but really wish I didnt. The ride around town isnt too bad and its beautiful up the freeway but as soon as you hit some uneven and bump roads or potholes its absolutely horrible.

Would highly reccomend upgrading.

Edited by ETA-60L

• Oh look.... a real car, with no hair dryer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 2m 12d

If your going to lower it replace them while your at it. The benefits are worthwhile & as Senna said it will only reduce the life of your stock shocks anyway if you dont.

• T.P.I.S.
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 10m 19d
Definately not crap. Pretty damn good.

Sorry I will rephrase. The stock shocks are ok if you like your car to float. Due to there design, if you lower the car they are out of there design range also.

Edited by Adrian6T