Project ZF 1000hp & 9sec

qik1

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 17d

shhh dont want the boys down south thinking we're too soft up here. It helps me keep cool.

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

good news. I still have my balls.

The only thing left untouched so far is the fuel system. I know the 60lb inj need to be upgraded but we're at ends what we need to do otherwise. Already have the p/w surge tank with an 044 but im sure we need to do more???

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 9d

single or twin 044 ? Make sure you get the quiet version either way. Sounds like a swarm of very loud mosquitoes otherwise.

Sounds great when the pump/s prime , but the inherent whine, particularly where you are will send you around the twist in no time

• Team Octane
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 29d

:spit: balls are handy, and she'll want to keep em in case she gets clucky! :huh:

Maybe a second pump as a failsafe? Not sure what the 044 can keep up with flow wise, but I dare say the things gonna be hungry for more!

:blink: balls are handy, and she'll want to keep em in case she gets clucky! :blink:

Haha too late.

Buffy ive already got a p/w surge tank but it only has one 044 pump. Its the v2 version. Is it as easy as whacking another one on there & it should do.

Well the fuel systems been looked at as we speak. A shiny billet fuel rail will be here monday, the boys are planning the scaling for a set of 80lb injectors & there looking into if the p/w surge tank can be used with 2 x 044's if not there gonna make a custom jobby up with 2 x 044's. Everything is on its way with the trucks starting to roll up with thte first lot of goodies. Just planning how far we're goin with ceramic coating at this point. Cant let it all get out of hand $'s wise.

I think its already abit out of hand all I was gonna do is repair the g/box. lol.

Theres only a few bits & pieces left so hopefully it'll be all good. The rest is already been paid for.

Whats the boss decided for the cover.

• Member For: 16y 10m 29d

dont know yet mate. only got a chance to drop it off today (had to go shopping with wifey yesterday)

he wasnt in when I went to drop it off but I think maybe a redish flake/pearl through it might look good. we're going to have a play with some House of Colour I think.

• Member For: 15y 8m 8d
The only thing left untouched so far is the fuel system. I know the 60lb inj need to be upgraded but we're at ends what we need to do otherwise. Already have the p/w surge tank with an 044 but im sure we need to do more???

I took a leaf out of Ramons (wrxrw) book and went with the Aeromotive fuel pump. I went for the A1000 (1000hp) where im pretty sure Ramon went for a Pro Series (1700hp). My logic with going for Aeromotive gear is you do it once and do it right and it will support what ever I throw at the car.

Only thing im not sure about is what surge tank and where it should be mounted. I wont be fitting mine till end of October so I got time to do the research, unless Ramon shows me the light.