Project ZF 1000hp & 9sec

qik1

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 17d

talk about dedication the boys are still at the workshop playing around with the engine. I asked out of curiosity how long before things start goin back in place & they said the engine will be done & in the car by as early as monday arvo. If only I didnt have the tailshaft made up I could of been driving it away by next weekend. Ohh well im sure its better this way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its all happening abit slowly at the moment. The boys have a car show this week so mines got put on the back burner for the moment. Every little bit, piece & fitting is here except the tailshaft which is finished & leaves tomorrow so I should have it on tuesday or so. Theres talk of it being ready maybe next week but im not holding my breath.

I went & saw it all on friday last week & it all looks great.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 12d

HA, sounds great mate, should be a very close finish with us, both power and finish time, mine is booked in for tune on 6th of oct, u must b so keen for it to b done, everyday I think bout mine aye :s

it will be interesting to see how the power differs between the two of ours. I would expect yours to make more up top one because of the housings we went with & 2 there going through different boxes but mine in theory should start coming on abit earlier but I spose only time will tell.

Its good to know that everythings there now so it really is just a matter of them pulling there finger out & getting it done. As for tuning im not so sure when mine will see descent power becuase we have to run the box in. I need to put about 1000klm on it before we can go too nuts with it but when that's done its on. Ive already got 60l of martini 110 sitting at our shop ready to be squeezed through it!!!

Cant wait to get it back & see how my hard earned money box on wheels goes.

ive got no real expectations with running a time but a 9 would be something else. All I really want to do is run a solid 10 & run a good time on street tyres at full weight. If that happens I'll be happy.I just hope its still a good street car if not anything else.

haha. Looks like 3 of us will be getting them back within a week or so of each other. I ordered a very soft tune to start off with so I wont be getting real excited until I drop it back up there to get the big f off race tune. I think I might have to take the day off for that I'll be useless at work anyway. lol.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 12d

I dont get to drive mine till the 15th of oct n e ways cause ill still b in Wa working :shocked:

tis pretty cool how there r so many of us doing a big build all at once though :) go the ba's!