Project ZF 1000hp & 9sec

qik1

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 17d

I havent had much to report for a while now but I got the call today & my new pretty, f off big cooler has left. all the pipe work is done so its just a matter of squeezing it in there plumbing it up & away we go. I could/should be driving the thing by the end of next week. Its my bday on next thursday so not a bad pressy if it works out that way.

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks for taking the time to read it all mate. It's been an experience & a huge learning curve which im sure isnt finished just yet. As exciting as it has been over the last couple of months im sure the next couple with the gradual retunes is where all the real fun will begin.

Its been great with so many people being involved & have made some friends that I may not of otherwise. People & parts from all over the country have been involved from wa to sydney, brissy, cairns where its actually being built & even abit from my home town in tully by the time its finished. without the help of alot of people it wouldnt of gone as far as it has as quickly as it has. in the end its been a rebuild of the nearly the whole car basically in around 3mths which im very happy with.

Its gonna be a long week waiting to finally pick it up but im sure it'll be worth it the first time I get to flip the bonnet & take it for its first cruise up the mountain. Even though a n/a trike will probably beat me the first trip with the low limiter set to protect the box in its run in period I cant wait to drive it again. Most of all I hope the people that see it & those that have something to do with it enjoy it as much as I do.

• Talks Cheap, Let's Race
  • Member For: 17y 10m 12d

WooHoo I can almost hear the beast running around the hills and tablelands, if you are going through the tablelands and down the palmerston there are roadworks at millaa and they are not sealed yet and seeing that it rained it is a mush hole.

son of da!!! that's exactly where I wanted to go hopefully by next week they might have it all stitched up & ready to go.

as of thursday they had sealed some of the roadworks but dug up some more. you might want to do what we are doing sunday and go for a strap around springmount rd at walkamin and back to mareeba.

Lee

I might just go up the coast road & then come back down the gillies & then drive around cairns as much as I can & drop the car back off to get the limiter taken off. I'll try & put as many klm's on it as quick as I can so I can enjoy it asap. Shame about the palmerston I love that drive except the police like to hide around corners.

the coast option and back through the gillies is the next best option, short of heading up the road to cooktown a short way or looping from milla through to ravenshoe and back down the gillies, which is a nice winding drive up and down hills.

the coast option and back through the gillies is the next best option, short of heading up the road to cooktown a short way or looping from milla through to ravenshoe and back down the gillies, which is a nice winding drive up and down hills.

sounds like a plan. I guess I'll just make sure I've got plenty of juice & drive til my backside goes numb & then head for home. Cant't wait to drive it again even though it is gonna be in a subdued state