Project ZF 1000hp & 9sec

qik1

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 9m 4d

Good luck.

The GT42 should see you the other side of 500rwkw. I guess you also planned for much bigger injectors and multiple fuel pumps also.

I've found it difficult the get any major build project done in a set timeframe unless you actually "project manage" the tasks, or get more involved.

As workshops don't have project management skills (ask them what a Gantt chart is) projects notoriously run well over time.

I'll be interested to hear how you find drivability.

Brian

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 17d

Its all comin together awfully quick. The eng will be here this week, the box is done & leaves tomorrow, the turbo & wastegate here by friday. The manifold is all that's holding us up. They said 3wks for that. Gonna see how the fuel system goes but have got them looking at bigger injectors & at least another 044 to go with the other one & the p/w surge tank. Im not expecting miracles but abit over a month & it should be cracking.

I chose the 42 with the smaller housing purely for response & drivability. I havent done all of this for top end power so it will be interesting to see how it reacts in everyday driving & its ability to launch at the drags.

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 9m 4d

With the low ratio of the ZF 1st when it comes on hard at 4000rpm I think traction will be a major problem, and you'll need slicks to cope with it.

With a lot less power MTs struggle with anything other than a really good track.

Brian

hahaha yeah its gonna be good fun trying. I think I might have to at least lookking at getting myself a set of those hoosiers & going back to teh federal 595rs-r in the 285's for the street.

• KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE,
  • Member For: 18y 4m 24d

Nice work buddy sounds like its going to be a beast.

And you know what I like the most about this thread, your not one of those wankers, claming its gunna do this, do that, 500+rwkw,8 sec pass etc.

Nice one mate, respect. :spit:

Edited by YPURV4

thanks mate. All I can do is supply the best goods I can & let the rest happen & if it does bonus. I dont have any real goals except to have a strong all round car power, looks & reliability wise.

I'll be flying the flag high for the xr's up here in fnq real soon. They got a real thing with v8's & if it doesnt make the earth shake than it cant be powerful or quick. Guess we'll surprise them soon enough. Will have a good chance at the show with the dyno comp & the go to woe.

Edited by qik1

• Team Octane
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 29d

Hell yea mate! Kinda added a few things since the other week we spoke huh...!! :spit:

Keep us updated on the progress and if ya need a hand with anything, give us a yell. Be keen to see this thing in action!

haha yeah just a few. I found out the box was all sweet & hit svs on my speed dial & ordered it up.

I think its first outing to the drags will be for a while as ive been told to take it easy for abit on the box until it soughts itsself out again & then once that's good the race tune & a trip to the drags is on!!!

I can see the marshalls giving my marching orders not to far into the night. lol. Will let ya know when its close to being done & can start planning that cruise.

Edited by qik1

• Team Octane
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 29d

Nice mate. Sounds like a plan. oh.. and good luck trying to explain this one to the missus! :drool: