Navigation Disc Issues

brownhornet

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 2d

Not long after I bought my car I found it had satnav - although it didn't come with either the remote or whereis nav disc. I now have a remote (thanks gassa) and have 'aquired' an electronic version of whereis v15.

I'm pretty sure I have burned the file correctly to disc (.iso file burned as an image) but am getting an 'unable to read data message.

I'm not sure what version of whereis the previous owner ran (if any) and I was wondering if the DVD ROM unit hasn't had any updates in the past can it go straight to v15? or do I need to load up an earlier version and then the v15 update?

At this stage I'm not sure how to proceed. I can buy a genuine v15 disc off ebay for $200 - $300 but I don't want to stump up the cash to find out my unit can't run that version or find out that the actual sat nav unit itself isn't working.

thoughts?

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 7m 4d

Mate, what program did you use to burn the disc?

Check that the disc is readable in your dvd rom drive as the first step.

If it appears to be all good (and NOT just one file called ***.ISO) then I would try to reburn it again, at a lower speed... maybe even x1...

Make sure you are burning the image and not just the ISO file...

Let us know...

:nerd:

• Donating Members

I used a freeware image burning program.

I've checked the DVD - seems all good. the original .iso file has been burned into a couple of subfolders plus a whole heap of .kwi files.

I'll try reburn at slower speed although it did seem to burn pretty slowly first time...

cheers

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 7m 4d

hhhmm mate 'sounds' like it may have copied the files (broken down the iso) correctly...

So only guess would be - crap burn (as your trying again at a lower speed will maybe tell us that)...

Not a complete ISO file.... and therefore go buy a real copy or get someone elses...

Or something wrong with the cars HU... But if you can read cd's etc all fine then I would say its the ISO file...

Just as a guess!

:rolleyes:

• CNUTOX
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 8m 15d

I have V14, do you have a linky to where you got v15? I have burnt many v14 without issue.

You need a dual layer disc and appropriate burner.

Link me and I will rip u a copy.

• Donating Members

tried again at 1x setting - although it still seemed to write at closer to 4x....

still no worky.

I am thinking it may not be a complete .iso file.

thanks for the help though. :blink:

• Member For: 15y 5m 21d

I ended up having the same problem as you. Unable to read data. I downloaded 11 rar files, extracted them to make the iso file and then used nero to make the dvd. It looks fine on the pc, all the files are in the right place, Burnt it again using a different program and same result. I know my sat nav is ok because version 2 works fine.

Maybe I should download Version 14 and try that?