Hard Lesson Learned

Sleeper6T

• My engine bay is Bionic
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m

Possibly the greatest humbling post of all time above.

And the double demerit point provisions was a proposal by traffic engineer Patrick Sturt who was an adviser to Carl Scully, the then minister for NSW roads, just on 11 years ago.

I.B.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 16y 25d
More penalties like this results in less incidences such as yours. If one person gets it why shouldnt everyone else for the same thing?

I.B.

...Because each offence is looked at on it's own merit. If it is identical circumstances then yes it should be the same. I had only one car around me at the time (the one I was overtaking) it was early morning on a Sunday in a straight line. This is why my charge was listed as drive at speed over the speed limit, and not speed dangerous. I don't know the full details of the guy that did recieve the jail time because I did not ask and the solicitor did not go into details. But to get 4 months, a bigger fine and longer cancellation of license, with no prior history of similar offences I can only assume he had the more serious charge.

The other thing that really doesnt go in your favour is acting stupid, or coy or thinking you are smarter than the court. One of the cases before mine was a repeat drink driver who swore he had never been to court before, however court records showed that he had. The Magistrate was clearly less than happy, and as such got very short with him and his solicitor. Seeing that, and along with my Solicitor telling me the more he speaks the worse the sentence can be really just demonstrated the severity of the matter and how frequent this must be happening, and the zero tolerance that is shown towards these kinds of charges.

At the end of the day you can argue that the penalties are too harsh but they are harsh for a reason. When your actions put you in a position of endangering life, and property, or both then something needs to be done to prevent future repeat and new offenders.

Is it killing me 1 month in?? Hell yes it is, it's frustrating having to rely on lifts, or public transport, it sucks having to ride, and the little things such as needing to do shopping, or going out, and when people ask why you're not driving whether I tell them the truth or not you just feel ashamed. And the one thing I know for sure is that I will not allow myself to be in the same position again, yes because of the inconvenience to my life but especially because the next time could be the time when someone is hurt or killed.

Brad

Edited by Sleeper6T

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 5m 24d

:fool:

Keep the random unrelated crap and racial stuff out of here please ladies. We all have opinions but this isn’t the place to share them.