FPV6T

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Just a large member member
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 5d

has to be coming from somewhere where the oil pressure exceeds the water pressure...otherwise it would have water in the sump..............so don't think it's a cracked head as the water pressure is greater.....oil cooler pressure is up there........if not from there start at the oil pump and follow oil galleries.....Hope it's in the cooler would be easier to find......Would have to get the block crack tested...............

• UNDERCOAT CRUISER!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 4d

well according to my autometer electric pressure gauge on start up it will sit on about 60-65psi when I take off in the mornings to go to work the gauge goes up to about 75-80psi(when cold)is this a normal reading??I'll pick up an oil cooler from ford tommorow,change the oil,filter,clean/flush the radiator,is there anything else that I need to do/buy to do this?

• UNDERCOAT CRUISER!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 4d
has to be coming from somewhere where the oil pressure exceeds the water pressure...otherwise it would have water in the sump..............so don't think it's a cracked head as the water pressure is greater.....oil cooler pressure is up there........if not from there start at the oil pump and follow oil galleries.....Hope it's in the cooler would be easier to find......Would have to get the block crack tested...............

nick,so does this mean engine out and stripped to find problem?

• Just a large member member
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 5d

when you drain the oil tomorrow hopefully you don't find water in the sump.....If so it doesn't look good as you may have a crack in an oil gallery....Once the the engine is switched off(engine Hot)...no oil pressure so the water pressure is greater so water may enter the engine.....

I worked as a mechanic in a after market high performance shop.....I think last time I encountered this problem the block had a hairline crack in the lifter bore....this was a cleveland V8...

You can go out and spend all this money on replacing coolant ,filters and oil but if there is a problem there you will only contaminate the new fluids......